Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Carol Christensen RIP

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
It's been recently learned that Carol Christensen, costar of THE THREE STOOGES IN ORBIT (1962), died at 68 of cancer on June 4.

The Three Stooges Journal # 108 (Winter 2003) has an interview with her.
http://threestooges.net/journal.php?action=view&id=108

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline falsealarms

That's a shame - 68 is just too young.

Who's left these days? This is all I can come up with, and I'm not even sure these are still alive -

Lorna Gray
Bruce Bennett (I believe he's 99)
Samson Burke

Pilsner Panther

That's a shame - 68 is just too young.

Who's left these days? This is all I can come up with, and I'm not even sure these are still alive -

Lorna Gray
Bruce Bennett (I believe he's 99)
Samson Burke

Adam West, now in his 70's, and...?

RIP Carol— judging from that picture with BeAStooge (which can't be that old), she took good care of herself and was still very attractive later in her life.

Not that taking care of herself helped much in the lifespan department, but as Fats Waller (who only made it to 43) said, "One never knows, do one?"

See:

http://www.cbc.ca/montreal/story/qc-kiss20051125.html

The strangest— and saddest— news item I've read in quite a long time. Not only is the girl dead, but the boy is very likely traumatized for life. He'll probably never kiss anyone again.

Would you?

And people wonder why I'm not a religious believer... well, I ask you, what kind of God would permit that?

On the other hand, my next-door neighbor just turned 90. Her body's not in such good shape and she uses a walker, but her mind is still sharp (probably, sharper than mine).

This all may seem off-topic, but falsealarms, you did bring up lifespans!

Offline falsealarms

Edson Stroll? (SNOW WHITE)
Carol Heiss? (SNOW WHITE)
Anna Lisa? (HAVE ROCKET...)
Robert Colbert? (HAVE ROCKET...)
Norma Randall? (SPOOKS)
Patricia Wright? (CUCKOO ON A CHOO-CHOO)
Greta Thyssen? (SAPPY BULLFIGHTERS)
Kathleen O'Malley (HUGS AND MUGS)
LaVerne? (GENTS WITHOUT CENTS)

IMDB doesn't give dates of death for any of those, but that doesn't mean they're alive. I'm probably missing some.

Offline garystooge

A list of those known to still be living from the Columbia shorts:
Bruce Bennett
Nita Bieber
Sonny Bupp
Jeanne Carmen
Diana Darrin
Vanda Dupre
Julie Gibson
Lorna Gray (Adrian Booth Brian)
Myron Healy
Virginia Hunter
Sylvia Lewis
Adele Mara
Vivian Mason
Kathleen O'Malley
Gloria Patrice
Betty Phares
Rebel Randall
Nancy Saunders
Angela Stevens
Laverne Thompson
Greta Thyssen
Beverly Warren

Mostly all of these have been confirmed by direct contact within the past 12 months or so. There are certainly others still alive who we have not confirmed via direct contact.
Gary

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
— judging from that picture with BeAStooge (which can't be that old)

July 2003, in Rancho Mirage CA.

Edson Stroll? (SNOW WHITE)
Carol Heiss? (SNOW WHITE)
Anna Lisa? (HAVE ROCKET...)
Robert Colbert? (HAVE ROCKET...)

All living.

Other 1960s costars still with us include…
Don Lamond
Dallas McKennon
Patricia Medina
Samson Burke
Vicki Trickett
Quinn Redeker
Joan Freeman
Jay Sheffield
Adam West
Nancy Kovack
Henry Gibson
Sally Starr
Johnny Ginger
Bruce Sedley
Hal Fryar
Rex Holman
Margaret Kerry

Offline garystooge

A few additions to the list of living Columbia players I posted earlier:
Dian Fauntelle (her appearance was edited out of "All Gummed Up")
Joan Maurer

A few additions to Brent's list of 60s living players:
Lloyd Kino
Michael Maurer
Marlin McKeever
Jeffrey Scott

Offline Sebastian Rio

• Fan of Rhythm and Weed
  • Porcupine
  • Nita Bieber and the Three Stooges
    • The Nita Bieber Official Web site
Hey,

My name is Sebastian Rio and I'm new the this great site.  I'm 27 years old and I just never hear of The Three stooges before until I met one of the one the co-stars Nita Bieber I know her personally and I think she is amazing her son and I are friends and When I saw her on Rhythm and Weed I think she was great.  Now I can say that I'm a fan there is my favorite of all.  Here is her web site with a lot of great stuff of her and the Stooges.  Most recently she was feature on the cover of the local news paper when she is leaving The Catalina Islander with the same Photo of her Life Magazine cover.  It was great to see the recognition she was getting and that until this day she get fan mail from all over. 

Check out her site the site was build by her son Rocky.

Nita Bieber
I'm big fan of Rhythm and Weed and specially of Nita Bieber.  I think that a great movie and I enjoy a lot.  The stooges were amazing and they really make me laugh.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
My name is Sebastian Rio and I'm new the this great site.  I'm 27 years old and I just never hear of The Three stooges before until I met one of the one the co-stars Nita Bieber I know her personally and I think she is amazing her son and I are friends and When I saw her on Rhythm and Weed I think she was great.  Now I can say that I'm a fan there is my favorite of all.  Here is her web site with a lot of great stuff of her and the Stooges.  Most recently she was feature on the cover of the local news paper when she is leaving The Catalina Islander with the same Photo of her Life Magazine cover.  It was great to see the recognition she was getting and that until this day she get fan mail from all over. 

Check out her site the site was build by her son Rocky.

Nita Bieber

Three Stooges Co-Star Reunion -  February 2007
Nita was one of the celebrity guests

The Three Stooges Journal # 111 (Fall 2004)
Featured an interview with Nita

Website Recommendations
ThreeStooges.net forum, with website links for Nita Bieber, Sylvia Lewis, Paul Howard, more...

Offline Hammond Eggar

A list of those known to still be living from the Columbia shorts:
Bruce Bennett
Nita Bieber
Sonny Bupp
Jeanne Carmen
Diana Darrin
Vanda Dupre
Julie Gibson
Lorna Gray (Adrian Booth Brian)
Myron Healy
Virginia Hunter
Sylvia Lewis
Adele Mara
Vivian Mason
Kathleen O'Malley
Gloria Patrice
Betty Phares
Rebel Randall
Nancy Saunders
Angela Stevens
Laverne Thompson
Greta Thyssen
Beverly Warren

Mostly all of these have been confirmed by direct contact within the past 12 months or so. There are certainly others still alive who we have not confirmed via direct contact.
Gary

Of course, we can scratch Sonny Bupp from that list.  He died within the past month or two.  It's nice to know that there are still some among us, and that they actively embrace their Stooge past.  Some actors that age might want to slip quietly into private life.  Fortunately, many of those listed have attended public events celebrating their Stooge past.  It's rather heart-warming if you ask me. ;)
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline Hammond Eggar

Other 1960s costars still with us include…
Don Lamond
Dallas McKennon
Patricia Medina
Samson Burke
Vicki Trickett
Quinn Redeker
Joan Freeman
Jay Sheffield
Adam West
Nancy Kovack
Henry Gibson
Sally Starr
Johnny Ginger
Bruce Sedley
Hal Fryar
Rex Holman
Margaret Kerry

Can we also count the living cast members of the film It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World?  If so, then the following are still with us.

Mickey Rooney
Sid Caesar
Jonathan Winters
Edie Adams
Dorothy Provine
Peter Falk
Stan Freberg
Jerry Lewis
Carl Reiner
Barrie Chase
Arnold Stang
Marvin Kaplan

BTW, Carl Reiner also appeared in the 1968 short Star Spangled Salesman, which featured an appearance from Moe, Larry and Curly-Joe. ;)
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline Sebastian Rio

• Fan of Rhythm and Weed
  • Porcupine
  • Nita Bieber and the Three Stooges
    • The Nita Bieber Official Web site
Yeah! I know I was there with her and her son.  The entire reunion event was created, and organized by Jim Pauley of Philadelphia. At the event which featured Gloria Patrice and all the women of the Three Stooges. It was the first time Nita and Gloria had seen each other since 1946. Nita Bieber and Gloria Patrice used to be, and still are, best friends and keep in touch with one another. That day, Nita also did an Interview for the Three Stooges Compilation DVD being produced by Sony Pictures.

The Three Stooges Reunion
I'm big fan of Rhythm and Weed and specially of Nita Bieber.  I think that a great movie and I enjoy a lot.  The stooges were amazing and they really make me laugh.

Offline jesster64

passed away
bruce bennett
sonny bupp
jeane carmen
myron healy
dallas mckennon
henry gibson
marlin mckeever

Offline jesster64

also don lamond
dian fauntelle

anyone know which retirement home arline hunter is in?

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
passed away
bruce bennett
sonny bupp
jeane carmen
myron healy
dallas mckennon
henry gibson
marlin mckeever

Note that you responded to a 4-year-old list. All of these actors, over the past 4 years, were noted elsewhere on this website in individual posts/notices; as well as obit listings in The Three Stooges Journal (Henry Gibson will undoubtedly be included in an upcoming issue). DODs are regularly updated in this site's Cast Database.

also don lamond

Don Lamond is still alive. Imdb and other online sites incorrectly report him dead... those sites have co-mingled the Stooges' Lamond (and Larry's son-in-law), with jazz drummer Don Lamond (no relation) who passed away in 2003. Imdb has been corrected a couple times, but someone keeps changing it back to the wrong information. Some who have been in touch with Don over the past few years report that "he is not amused."

Imdb is a good starting point, but is sometimes wrong. This site's Cast Database reflects information compiled by "Stooge-researchers" like Ed Shifres, Frank Reighter, Bill Cappello, others, over the past 30 years, particularly Frank and Bill in the past several years. Their work has taken advantage of public records (birth and death certificates, SS# applications, etc.), information from family members, and in some cases, information provided by the actors themselves. Whenever the cast database differs from imdb, odds are at least 95% that imdb is wrong.

Offline jesster64

good to know, just trying to catch up on post before I got here.