Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Stooges theme song info needed

Offline Shemoeley Fine

It's nice too see the Stooges' opening theme is available on the multimedia gallery of this amazing site. Naturally we all know 3 Blind Mice but there were variations over the years. How many opening theme songs were used over the course of the Stooges run of shorts?  There are no music credits in the opening of the shorts, was the music performed by a Columbia studio "house orchestra"?  Was this the same orchestra that would be heard during the musical sequences of the boys?

Any suggestions for Curley Q. Links that might have more info on the musical side of the Stooges? I am trying to convince some musicians pals of mine who also dig the Stooges to come up with a Latin jazz or mambo-ized version of some of the music heard in opening and closing segments of the shorts, with possible sound effects in the middle of the song in the vein of what the Jump N The Saddle Band did with the Curley Shuffle some years ago.  There are already 2 Cuban versions of 3 Blind Mice titled Los Tres Chiflados(The Three Stooges in Spanish), they're done in a traditional Cuban danzón style, danzón being a Cuban salon dance derived from the French minuet tradition but much more rhythmic and less stuffy. 

If I can get a friend to record my 2 songs onto a MP3 or WAVE file, I'll submit them to the moderators for possible inclusion in this site's audio files archives.

in advance  thanks....

Shemoeley Fine
Los Tres Chiflados son The Three Stooges
Ma'. Lorenzito y Rizzado

Pilsner Panther

Shemoeley, this is an interesting idea! Feel free to submit any MP3's you want to me via e-mail attachment, I'll check them out to see if they're a good listen— and maybe they could be a future Pilsner's Picks segment. Latin-flavored Stooges music, that's something that even I've never thought of!

8)

Keep in mind that I have final approval over what music appears in the Picks, though, so if I don't choose any or all of your submissions, don't be offended. My basic standards are that the music should be original, inventive, and performed professionally. Anything that sounds like a garage band (or any band or performer on shemps#1's "Music That Sucks" roster) will be cheerfully rejected.

;)

Offline locoboymakesgood

I have a bunch of MP3 recordings of most of the openings - whether it be the classic 3 Blind Mice, the original openings (Woman Haters, Punch Drunks, Men In Black), or even the different ones (Three Little Pigskins, Uncivil Warriors, etc.). I enjoy listening to those in my car every so often. It's a good listen when you're stuck in traffic. :D
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline FineBari3

It's nice too see the Stooges' opening theme is available on the multimedia gallery of this amazing site. Naturally we all know 3 Blind Mice but there were variations over the years. How many opening theme songs were used over the course of the Stooges run of shorts?  There are no music credits in the opening of the shorts, was the music performed by a Columbia studio "house orchestra"?  Was this the same orchestra that would be heard during the musical sequences of the boys?

Any suggestions for Curley Q. Links that might have more info on the musical side of the Stooges? I am trying to convince some musicians pals of mine who also dig the Stooges to come up with a Latin jazz or mambo-ized version of some of the music heard in opening and closing segments of the shorts, with possible sound effects in the middle of the song in the vein of what the Jump N The Saddle Band did with the Curley Shuffle some years ago.  There are already 2 Cuban versions of 3 Blind Mice titled Los Tres Chiflados(The Three Stooges in Spanish), they're done in a traditional Cuban danzón style, danzón being a Cuban salon dance derived from the French minuet tradition but much more rhythmic and less stuffy. 

If I can get a friend to record my 2 songs onto a MP3 or WAVE file, I'll submit them to the moderators for possible inclusion in this site's audio files archives.

in advance  thanks....

Shemoeley Fine

I would LOVE to hear the Cuban danzon version!!!!! WOW!

Shemoeley, are you familiar with the Three Stooges Journal??? There have been some great articles on the music of the Three Stooges, mostly penned and researched by a man named Rich Finnegan. He is a lover and historian of old music, much like Pils is here.

If you haven't seen any of Rich's articles in the Journal, you need to get in touch with Garystooge!!!!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Shemoeley Fine

I have learned how I can send an MP3 file to our music moderator-Pilsner for approval. I'd like to submit a late 1950's recording of a Cuban Danzón titled "Los Tres Chiflados" by an ensemble led by a most prominent artist, still active today. The title is the name of the Three Stoooges in Spanish for most of Latin América. It is a tribute to them.  Please reply in private and advise of best procedure for submitting with all the recording details of it.

S F
Ma'. Lorenzito y Rizzado

Pilsner Panther

I have learned how I can send an MP3 file to our music moderator-Pilsner for approval. I'd like to submit a late 1950's recording of a Cuban Danzón titled "Los Tres Chiflados" by an ensemble led by a most prominent artist, still active today. The title is the name of the Three Stoooges in Spanish for most of Latin América. It is a tribute to them.  Please reply in private and advise of best procedure for submitting with all the recording details of it.

S F

Check your private messages, Shemoeley, I've just sent you some instructions on how you can send me MP3 files. I'm looking forward to hearing some of these tracks, since after three years or so, I'm running out of ideas for new Picks themes anyway, and I'm about to start recycling some of the old ones. It's time for something new and different!

Offline Shemoeley Fine

From the Wikpedia Stooges file    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Stooges#Trivia

Music
Several instrumental tunes were played over the opening credits at different times in the production of their short features. The most commonly used themes were:

"Three Blind Mice", beginning as a slow but straightforward presentation, often breaking into a "jazzy" style before ending. Another version was played fast all the way through.

The verse portion of "Listen to the Mockingbird", played in a comic way, complete with sounds of cuckoo birds and such. Ironically, the actual song is mournful.

S F
Ma'. Lorenzito y Rizzado