Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Moe With a Toupe?

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Because I was in the "Severe Lack of Stooge" syndrome while the site was down, I was watching the wraparounds for the New 3 Stooges cartoon shows the other day, in particular, the one titled "Bakers". They are depicted as piemakers trying to fill an order for a certain Mr. Hassenpheffer (played by Emil Sitka), ultimately tossing a pie into his face. Moe's hair in that filming looked somewhat unusual, as he appeared to be wearing a toupe with a chili bowl cut. I could be seriously wrong on this one, but perhaps he wore it just so he wouldn't have to recomb it back into place later, OR he was wearing his hair so differently during filming that it had to be covered in order for the chili bowl cut to be seen.

OR - maybe I was so zombied out by not being able to hob-nob with my fellow Stoogers that I was hallucinating.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
On the topic of pie fights...

At the Friends of Old-Time Radio convention in Newark NJ this afternoon, I had the opportunity to talk with Jane Kean, THE JACKIE GLEASON SHOW's 1960s Trixie Norton. She mentioned meeting the Stooges in the late '60s, on THE JOEY BISHOP SHOW (Bishop's ABC talk show). The Stooges performed a pie-making/throwing sketch... and although Ms. Kean was not in the skit, one errant missile wound up on her gown as she was watching from the guest couch. A photo of Moe, Larry and Curly Joe performing this can be found on pg. 171 of "The Three Stooges Scrapbook."

Offline ZEKE

Moe never wore a rug.
ZEKE---in AJAX-(G.T.A.), Canada.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Great observation, timely too.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline kinderscenen

I thought he was wearing a toupe in some of the wraparounds as well, but it appears that his hair wasn't combed correctly.
Larry: They’ll hang us for this!
Moe: I know! Let’s cremate him!
Larry: Can’t do that--we ain’t got no cream!