Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The MY MEMORABILIA feature. Calling all fans!!

Offline 3Stooges

The "MY MEMORABILIA" feature has a lot of potential to be a great addition to this already great website, but it's looks like this feature has been pretty much ignored. Just a hand full of people put up anything. I'm sure there are collectors who visit this site that have some cool unique Stooge collectibles. So, why not share photos?? Part of the fun of having the stuff is sharing it with others, isn't it?

This feature could potentially be filled with rare photos that people have never seen.

Even if you don’t own the item, but have a unique picture maybe you could share it. I added about 10 items. Some I own. Some I don’t, but I added it just because it was unique and thought people would enjoy looking at the picture.

I hope others will follow… Come on collectors and add some pictures!

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
They are interesting photos. Just for you, I included a photo of my favorite stooge collectible.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 11:57:13 AM by Giff me dat fill-em! »
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
If you haven't noticed, 3Stooges, you posted those several photos of yours in the "Stooge Swap" page, NOT the "My Memorabilia" page. However, they are interesting photos. Just for you, I included a photo of my favorite stooge collectible.

BZZZT!  Sorry, that's incorrect, but thank you for playing!   ;D

MY MEMORABILIA is where you can log in the items in your collection (including uploading a picture for the item), but the STOOGE SWAP - MEMORABILIA is where other fans can see what you've got.  (The "MY" pages are only visibile to the individual user.)

When you enter information in MY MEMORABILIA, you can choose to display your item in up to three areas:  Bragging Rights, Will Sell, and Will Trade, which are the three different views for STOOGE SWAP - MEMORABILIA.  (If you want to use MY MEMORABILIA to just keep a handy log of your stuff, without displaying it to others, that's fine, too, but where's the fun in that?)

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Hey!  No fair!  You changed your post while I was writing mine!  lol   >:D

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Looks like I need to make a couple of modifications to the display page - you guys are uploading larger pictures than I anticipated.  I'll change it tonight to show a smaller version of the picture, and make that a link to open a popup showing the full sized picture.

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
After I uploaded my photo, I noticed I would be bbzzzzzt! so I went back and edited my post. (teehee)
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Looks like I need to make a couple of modifications to the display page - you guys are uploading larger pictures than I anticipated.  I'll change it tonight to show a smaller version of the picture, and make that a link to open a popup showing the full sized picture.

I've made a couple of modifications to the Memorabia pages:

• I updated the script to reject image uploads that are larger than 800 x 600.  This is primarily to conserve disk space on the server, but larger pictures can also be a real nuisance if your sreen resolution is 800 x 600.  (You'll get an alert popup to warn you that your file was rejected.)

• I changed the item display page to dynamically resie the images to no larger than 320 x 240 (240 x 240 on the preview window), so that larger images won't screw up the display.  You can click on the image to see it full-size in a popup window.

It's great to see people starting to use the feature.   :D