Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ask Team Stooge **NEWBIES**

shemps#1 · 1290 · 349549

Offline tlm724

Oh thank you, that is it !!  :-* I will post a pic of the tat soon, you guys are the best !!

JamesSimon

how many are the 'official' Three Stooges episodes?
are there any 'unofficial' episodes?
are there movies of the Three Stooges?
are there amateur actors filming themselves as the Three Stooges?
any links?

thanks. cheers!

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
how many are the 'official' Three Stooges episodes?
are there any 'unofficial' episodes?
are there movies of the Three Stooges?
are there amateur actors filming themselves as the Three Stooges?
any links?

ThreeStooges.net Site Map

Offline CalStooge

In the episode, "Hold That Lion", what is the sound that was used when the lion was supposed to be "laughing"?  It's definitely the sound of some animal.  I noticed that the same sound was used in "Spook Louder" and one other episode.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

ThumpTheShoes

In the episode, "Hold That Lion", what is the sound that was used when the lion was supposed to be "laughing"?  It's definitely the sound of some animal.  I noticed that the same sound was used in "Spook Louder" and one other episode.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

I've often wondered about that one, myself. I had just guessed it was a common "funhouse" sound (like the old laughing box deal, as used by The Joker!), sort of like a cross between a monkey and a hyena.

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
Hey, everybody.  In the interview with Tom Bergeron that's posted on the Facebook page, Moe said that the comedy material that the Stooges performed was farce, and not slapstick. I understand the farce in the Nazi-themed episodes, but where else is the farce located? In the mockery of certain professions?
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline locoboymakesgood

Honestly, I don't know if this is the correct thread to put this, but I didn't want to start a new thread to clutter up space.

I know we have a "Tribute" section to the Stooges and one I noticed wasn't in there was in "There's Something About Mary". Although it may be coincidence, Matt Dillon's character's name is "Healy" and Ben Stiller's character's name is "Ted". Given that the Farrally Bros. are Stooges fans, I thought it was kind of an obvious nod.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline afcomser

The Laughing Noise is the call of a Male Howler Monkey
Well Open The Door Squirrel Bait!!

Offline docachna

DUPLICATE POSTING (first posted in wrong category - my bad ! [cry])

Hi, Stoogefans !

I'm coming to the Mountaintop to mine the wealth of knowledge here. Hope somebody has the answer here.

In some episode, the boys were somewhere in the Middle East, and naturally, in big trouble -- they had a code phrase that they said back and forth to each other while they were dressed in Middle Eastern garb (I suppose a recognition code or something like that)....

It was something like:

"Friend?"

"Magonda !"

"Magonda ?"

"Friend !"

Spelling is probably wrong.

Does anybody remember something like that ?? It was a saying that a group I belonged to back in the early '70's started yelling as a joke, and nobody ever really knew the origin at the time (at least not that I knew of !), but just lately, somebody who preceded ME in the group told us it came from this Stooges episode. Nobody has any clue as to the episode name, but I would love to get a clip of it !

If you can help, thanks much !!   

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
In some episode, the boys were somewhere in the Middle East, and naturally, in big trouble -- they had a code phrase that they said back and forth to each other while they were dressed in Middle Eastern garb (I suppose a recognition code or something like that)....

It was something like:
"Friend?"
"Magonda !"
"Magonda ?"
"Friend !"

... but just lately, somebody who preceded ME in the group told us it came from this Stooges episode. Nobody has any clue as to the episode name, but I would love to get a clip of it !

It's not from a Three Stooges film.

Offline afcomser

It was something like:

"Friend?"

"Magonda !"

"Magonda ?"

"Friend !"

Spelling is probably wrong.

The only shorts I can remember with them in middle eastern garb is
Wee Wee Monsieur(Curly) where the stooges join the foriegn legion, you get the first rendition of the santa clause gag.
Malice in the Palace(Shemp) rooten tootins diamond, second santa clause gag
Rumpus in the Harem (fake Shemp) remake of malice in the palace.

Offline PBP

I hope I'm doing this right and I apologize for the thread-jack.

Does anyone know the name of the Stooges episode where they mispronounce "page nine" as "Paganini"?

Thanks!

PBP

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Does anyone know the name of the Stooges episode where they mispronounce "page nine" as "Paganini"?

PIES AND GUYS (1958)

Offline PBP

Wow - thank you so much!  Now I can continue to be the amazing girlfriend that I am!  :D

PBP

Offline afcomser

Wow I wish I had a girlfriend that considerate. What a wonderful world that would be.

Offline yuiotta

Hello to all. My question is mainly for the person that put together the Stooges bibliography. I am compiling a bibliography of own, with about a thousand entries so far. There are a couple if items on your list that I have been unable to locate or even look at. Would you be able to either tell me how you found them, or perhaps send me a copy of the pertinent pages so that I can add them to my index?
I appreciate your help. How and where should I look for responses to this post? Thank you very much.

Offline FineBari3

Hello to all. My question is mainly for the person that put together the Stooges bibliography. I am compiling a bibliography of own, with about a thousand entries so far. There are a couple if items on your list that I have been unable to locate or even look at. Would you be able to either tell me how you found them, or perhaps send me a copy of the pertinent pages so that I can add them to my index?
I appreciate your help. How and where should I look for responses to this post? Thank you very much.

I think that several people have put together the bibliography, rather than just one person.

Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline yuiotta

Thank you. I'm not sure how to respond to the response to my question, rather than to the original question - hope this works.
Is their someone that has access to the items in the bibliography, so I can direct my question to them?
Thanks very much.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
My question is mainly for the person that put together the Stooges bibliography. I am compiling a bibliography of own, with about a thousand entries so far. There are a couple if items on your list that I have been unable to locate or even look at.

With only a couple exceptions, each book in the Bibliography has a purchase link to Amazon.

Any internet search engine can turn up various options for long out-of-print books, magazines, comic books... Amazon Marketplace, eBay, ioffer, etc.

Offline yuiotta

Several items in the bibliography are literally impossible to locate. I wondered if anyone actually owns them, or did at the time they were submitted to this site. Thanks.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Several items in the bibliography are literally impossible to locate. I wondered if anyone actually owns them,

Every entry in the Bibliography came from my library.

Time & rarity define accesibility, and cost, but to the best of my knowledge nothing listed in the Bibliography is "impossible" to locate.

Offline yuiotta

You're right of course. But because of the rarity, it is reasonable to ask if any readers of this site own, or have information that might help in researching these items.
I'll be specific, and describe two listings from the bibliography.
1. Plan-TV by Estaban Farfan This is from Planeta Television, an Argentinian company.
2. The Canadian TV guide from August 1992, with a Stooge cover and article by Bill Brioux.

I'm not necessarily looking to own these. The chance to examine a copy or scan would be fine.
Thank you very much.

Offline Pithecanthropus

I just registered for the site.  While I can reply to an existing thread, as I'm doing here, I can't seem to create a new thread.  IN the General Discussions thread, I wanted to create a new topic, but I can't find the button.
Termite season is here.  Are you ready?

Offline Pithecanthropus

I just registered for the site.  While I can reply to an existing thread, as I'm doing here, I can't seem to create a new thread.  IN the General Discussions thread, I wanted to create a new topic, but I can't find the button.
Never mind, I get it now.  I'm a porcupine.
Termite season is here.  Are you ready?

Dog Hambone