Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ask Team Stooge **NEWBIES**

shemps#1 · 1290 · 336441

Offline Pat

• Porcupine
  • The picture actually looks like me.
There's a dark side to the stooges that I would like to explore. Many of their shorts leave them in a situation where you must assume them dead. For example, three pairs of smoldering boots...they gotta be dead.
Then there is murder. What's the title of that short where the stooges drown a couple of guys in a bathtub, and then take a bath on top of them?

>:D
Pat

Offline dbaxter1991

Are any of you guys familiar about that show Celebrity Deathmatch?

I was taping it last night, and one of the episode's main events was The Three Stooges vs. The Three Tenors.

It was really funny to me. My favorite part was when Moe put a plunger on Larry's face and he pushes him on the rubber string thingies on a wrestling match ring and the plunger handle pokes Moe's eye out and it kills him.

Offline Shemoeley Fine

I am not up on this most unappealing titled show "Celeb Deathmatch"
Since I am ignorant on this subject, I'd like to ask a question about what you saw.
You mentioned they had a battle between the 3 Stooges and the 3 Tenors. You state that Moe placed a plunger on Larry's face and then he pokes Larry's eye out and Larry dies.  yukkkkkkkk
Is this done through footage digitaly altered or is this an animated feature?
If it is animated, how do realistic do the images and voices appear?  Where was Curley or Shemp in this battle?

in advance...

Shemoeley F
Los Tres Chiflados son The Three Stooges
Ma'. Lorenzito y Rizzado

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Shemoeley ...
It is/was an MTV television show featuring claymation, (stop-motion animation using clay puppets) so you could definitely call it animated.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0208614/
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline dbaxter1991

Celebrity Deathmatch is in claymation. And the Three Stooges from from a time machine, Stone Cold says, "And best of all, no friggin' Shemp!" So Stone Cold is an anti-Shemp person.

Offline Jareth

• Grapehead
  • "I'm as pretty as a picture!" "Yeah, of an ape!"
Is there any other way to make a donation to ThreeStooges.net because i do not have paypal or a credit card?
Jareth Wilder

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Is there any other way to make a donation to ThreeStooges.net because i do not have paypal or a credit card?
I would be more than happy to accept a check or money order, if you prefer to do that.  (All donations are always greatly appreciated.)  You can send them to me at:
Robert Davidson
3669 Green Corners Road
Metamora, MI 48455

Any donations will be used towards the cost of hosting the site (which otherwise comes out of my pockets.)  ;D

Offline Mom

Hi, i would like to know the title of the Stooges movie where they are univeristy professors and they sing that song about the alphabet; has that WWII swing sound to it.   Thank you!

Offline locoboymakesgood

You're referring to Violent Is the Word For Curly.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Hi "Mom"!  Welcome to the site!

locoboymakesgood already gave you the answer, but I just wanted to let you know that we have the full episode in Realplayer format, as well as the "Swinging the Alphabet" clip by itself, in the Multimedia Gallery.

Offline Mom

Thank you; now my Christmas shopping ill be complete!

Offline monkeyman

Hi guys, sorry for posting here.  I just registered and I am having difficulty finding the post new topic button.

I have a question for you die hard fans.  My mother is a huge fan of the show and I am looking for a particular episode.  Granted I was a kid when I saw this so my memmory is slightly fuzzy.  I remember there was a balcony and one of the stooges was serenading a lady who also sung back to the stooge.  It is possible that Shemp was in this episode, but I am not certain.  I believe that the Stooges eventually crawl up the balcony and get into the castle.  Does this ring a bell for anyone?  Oh!  Also during the serenade it seems as if something was thrown in one of the stooges face.  Thanks in advance.

Pilsner Panther

Welcome aboard, monkeyman. We have a rule here that no one can start a new topic until they've made 10 posts. We've had some trouble with trolls in the past, and that's a way of keeping them off the board.

To answer your question, the short you're referring to is "Squareheads of the Round Table" (1948), and yes, Shemp is in it, along with Stooges regulars Christine McIntyre as the princess, and Vernon Dent as King Arthur. Jock Mahoney (Jacques O'Mahoney) plays Cedric the blacksmith, and the way this tall actor towers over the Stooges is funny just in itself. IMO, one of the best Shemps.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Jock Mahoney (Jacques O'Mahoney) plays Cedric the blacksmith, and the way this tall actor towers over the Stooges is funny just in itself.
I just looked him up, and noticed that Jock was 6' 4", making him a full foot taller than the Stooges.  (I'm 6'3" tall, myself.)  :o

Offline monkeyman

Thanks Pilsner Panther!!!!  Sorry for breaking the rules.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
You didn't. This thread is mainly for people under 10 posts or people who want to "post and run" to ask whatever questions they have.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline saltobello

I suppose the answer to this exists in some form but I don't know how to word it to find it in the search engine. OK When were growing up, those of us in our 30's, we saw the Stooges everyday, right? My question is how many of their shorts were in rotation for syndicated TV? And how many did we see vs. how many we haven't seen? It would of course be wonderful if Columbia makes DVD box sets of the Complete Stooges but before I daydream too hard, I'd like an idea of how many more shorts I could hope for that I've NEVER seen.

Offline saltobello

When I was four or so, my father took my brother and me to see Moe Howard Live on Stage, introducing some shorts. I'm curious if anyone has precise information about this appearance. Here's what I can remember: it was approx. 1974, in Pennsauken, NJ, at the Walt Whitman Theater. I'm interested in the date or any recollections beyond the few scraps I already have.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
As far as I can recall (I'm slightly younger than you are and grew up watching the Stooges during the 80's) all 190 shorts were in rotation in syndication, and in select markets (Boston, Chicago, Philly etc...markets with a notoriously huge Stooge fanbase) they are all once again in rotation. The 130 shorts deal didn't really happen until after the Derita family took control; either the late '90's/early 2000's.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Jareth

• Grapehead
  • "I'm as pretty as a picture!" "Yeah, of an ape!"
Who owns or runs C3 now that Curly Joe DeRita's wife died last year or so?
Jareth Wilder

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
She's still alive as far as I know. I can't find anything on the web about her dying, and haven't heard word about it.

Either way, C3 is run by Jean's sons (Joe's step-sons) Earl and Robert Benjamin.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
She's still alive as far as I know. I can't find anything on the web about her dying, and haven't heard word about it.

Jean died in late November 2004.  Her obit was in The Three Stooges Journal # 113 (Spring 2005 issue), http://threestooges.net/journal.php?action=view&id=113

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I guess my memory isn't what it used to be, thanks Brent.