Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Matriphony Blues

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I'm saddened since the turn of the century when I see movies and television shows display the year the film was made in Roman Numerals ...
For instance, 2005 is a simple MMV
whereas 1934 (the year The Three Stooges became a separate entity from Healy) is a healthy MCMXXXIV
At least 2003 was MMIII, but is still a pale comparison to the 1900's years. Perhaps things will improve in MMXIII.

(Sigh)
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Shemoeley Fine

I have never understood the "tradition" of using roman numerals to date items, in particular the Hollyweird tradition. Roman numerals may have been in vogue in their epoch, but contemporary times?   Why don't we write the titles in Egyptian letters?  Besides it ain't no 2005 anyhoooooo, who's calendar is that? 

Shemoeley Fine  El Fino
Los Tres Chiflados son The Three Stooges
Ma'. Lorenzito y Rizzado

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I have never understood the "tradition" of using roman numerals to date items, in particular the Hollyweird tradition. Roman numerals may have been in vogue in their epoch, but contemporary times?   Why don't we write the titles in Egyptian letters?  Besides it ain't no 2005 anyhoooooo, who's calendar is that? 

Shemoeley Fine  El Fino

I was only stating that the 1900-1999 years looked a whole helluva lot better on screen than does the wimpy 2000, 2001, 2002, etc.
AND that it would take PROBABLY until 2028 to equal the average 1900's eight characters in 1934.

You can take up what the fffhhh year it is with your nearest Chinese Astrologer.

Once again .... (Sigh)
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.