General Boards > Read These First (FAQ)

Worst Episode Opinion

<< < (7/46) > >>

nyuknyuk:
I particuarly dislike horsin around. I don't hate it. The talking horse is just plain wierd. Am I right?

Carrie The Canary:
My candidates for worst Stooge shorts:

"Sweet and Hot".  Except for watching Larry dance a little, a waste of film.

"Outer Space Jitters".  All I can say is "ai ai ai, be bop!".  Looks like they shot in on a budget of 75 bucks.

"Cuckoo On A Choo Choo".  OK OK.  People either love it or hate it.  I have not quite made up my mind, but I have to admit that Shemp taking a slug from the jug and then zoning out cueing a mish-mash of auto horns and other assorted sound effects is pretty funny.

"Hot Stuff".  Remakes are generally bad enough, but Joe Palma with his back to the camera flapping his arms, trying to do Shemp's "eeb eeb eeb", and then saying "right" to Moe's instructions in a voice that does not sound anything like Shemp is just plain bizarre!

I know that "Stop Look And Laugh" does not really count, but it must get a dishonorable mention.  Putting new "Mickey Mouse" style music behind Curly's antics is unacceptable.  And the Paul Winchell links are embarassing.  Winch (who was very talanted) obviously took the money and ran on this job!

nyuknyuk:
On Tv, I saw brief scenes of Sweet and Hot and I'm thinking "UGH!!!!!! This is definetly not the stooges the way that they used to be!!!"

Giff me dat fill-em!:
Huh? ... this is the way they were filmed humpty-odd years ago. So ... Moe and Larry were just desperate for money?, or maybe they were coerced into it. It seems to me, if they spent the time filming it, then how can they NOT be the way they wanted to be?

nyuknyuk:
OK my opinion was a little off. But I know one thing that's certain, this is maybe the worst episode.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version