Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Worst Episode Opinion

nyuknyuk

I agree with you. Rhythm and Weep is the far most curly episode in my opinion. As for Beer -Barell Polecats, they have used a lot of footage from the past in the second half i.e So long Mr.Chumps and In the sweet Pie and Pie. What do you guys think? What, in your opinion, is the worst Curly or Shemp episode ever created in stooge history?

nyuknyuk

Great news Stooge fans!!!! All the Joe episodes are going to be gone on Tubetime on demand!!! Thank God they are over. Now it's all Curly!!! What do you think?   

nyuknyuk

In my opinion, there are a lot of Joe episodes I really didn't like. BUT, there is one I particuarly liked. "Outer space Jitters." Its kind of weird (like all the Joe episodes) but it's kind of funny. What do you think?

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Yeah, I kinda like that ep too. It also has the distinction of having Dan Blocker as the Space Monster.

Ruler: All our buildings are air conditioned and have every modern convenience. We are way ahead of you earth people.
Prof. Jones: We suspected such possibilities. We seek more knowledge of you, and your friendship.
Moe: Yeah, we'd like to know what's cookin'!
Larry: Such as dames!
Joe: You don't happen to have any spare telephone numbers, do ya?
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline JazzBill

It's a toss-up for me, between" Horsing Around " and " Sweet and Hot ". It's usually the one I just finished watching that I hate the most.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

nyuknyuk

I particuarly dislike horsin around. I don't hate it. The talking horse is just plain wierd. Am I right?

Offline Carrie The Canary

My candidates for worst Stooge shorts:

"Sweet and Hot".  Except for watching Larry dance a little, a waste of film.

"Outer Space Jitters".  All I can say is "ai ai ai, be bop!".  Looks like they shot in on a budget of 75 bucks.

"Cuckoo On A Choo Choo".  OK OK.  People either love it or hate it.  I have not quite made up my mind, but I have to admit that Shemp taking a slug from the jug and then zoning out cueing a mish-mash of auto horns and other assorted sound effects is pretty funny.

"Hot Stuff".  Remakes are generally bad enough, but Joe Palma with his back to the camera flapping his arms, trying to do Shemp's "eeb eeb eeb", and then saying "right" to Moe's instructions in a voice that does not sound anything like Shemp is just plain bizarre!

I know that "Stop Look And Laugh" does not really count, but it must get a dishonorable mention.  Putting new "Mickey Mouse" style music behind Curly's antics is unacceptable.  And the Paul Winchell links are embarassing.  Winch (who was very talanted) obviously took the money and ran on this job!

nyuknyuk

On Tv, I saw brief scenes of Sweet and Hot and I'm thinking "UGH!!!!!! This is definetly not the stooges the way that they used to be!!!"

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Huh? ... this is the way they were filmed humpty-odd years ago. So ... Moe and Larry were just desperate for money?, or maybe they were coerced into it. It seems to me, if they spent the time filming it, then how can they NOT be the way they wanted to be?
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

nyuknyuk

OK my opinion was a little off. But I know one thing that's certain, this is maybe the worst episode.

nyuknyuk

To me, I don't think there is such thing as a worst curly episode but I think there are two that are really bad. For example, that really bad remake of "Uncivil Warriors'. I know that Curly had bad heatlh,but still... and sock--a bye baby. I don't know why I think it's bad

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
To me, I don't think there is such thing as a worst curly episode but I think there are two that are really bad. For example, that really bad remake of "Uncivil Warriors'. I know that Curly had bad heatlh,but still... and sock--a bye baby. I don't know why I think it's bad

Is every one of your posts in this thread? You need to get out more!

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Danl57

I don't think that the Stooges ever made a bad short, but there are some that are my least favorite.  I would have to say "Woman Haters" is my least favorite.  The lines and the actions were too controlled by the rhymes. I respect it as a Stooge short but it is the one I watch the least.  Others have said "Cookoo and the Choo Choo" and "Sweet and Hot" were bad, but I think it was the Stooges being versatile with their acting and with their shorts. 
Just my 2 cents
God bless
Danl57

nyuknyuk

responding to jrvasslast post: what does that have to do wit this topic?

Please use proper capitalization. S#1

nyuknyuk

I'm leaving. Thanks for those who listened to me.

Offline JazzBill

" Alas poor nyuknyuk, I knew him well "
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Wahhhhhhh, I got a warning for not using the fucking Shift Key, wahhhhhhhhh!
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

xraffle

The worst episode, in my opinion, is "Horsing Around," but "Sweet and Hot" comes in second.

Curley91

I saw "Sweet And Hot" again today on "Stooge-A-Palooza".  It turns out that Joe Besser didn't like that short much either.  He said it was his least favorite of the shorts he was in.

nyuknyuk

Whoa! This has been nearly 4 months since anybody posted anything here!

Dog Hambone

Maybe that's because there aren't too many bad Three Stooges shorts. Some are better than others, obviously, but there are very few "worst" ones. 

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Whoa! This has been nearly 4 months since anybody posted anything here!

What's the point of bringing up a dead topic just to say it's dead? And didn't you say you were leaving?
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

nyuknyuk

I came back. I missed you guys very much and thats what I decided to do.

Offline AKStoogeFan

With this topic brought back to the forefront I thought I'd share my thoughts.  I have not yet seen all 190 Columbia shorts, but out of the 65 or so I have seen I can't pick a "bad" one.  However, when thinking of a bad Stooge short, the one that comes to my mind is "Nertsery Rhymes" from the MGM collection.  I almost can't stand to watch that one (and when I do I always fast-forward through those never-ending musical numbers).  Not an ideal showcase for the comedic genius of the Stooges.

Offline Jamison

Ok, I'll bump the thread...
Couldn't sleep a few nights ago, so I slipped in a Stooge compilation tape. And there it was, the absolute nadir of Stoogedom: SAPPY BULLFIGHTERS. Yes, I know it was their Columbia swan song, but it just seemed like a race to be the first one out the door by all concerned! The grotesque editing of the stock footage and the sheer exhaustion oozing from Moe and Larry makes it excrutiating to sit through. Strangely enough, I actually like Besser's performance; he actually has a little energy and tries to make a go of it. Otherwise, a waste of celluloid.