General Boards > Read These First (FAQ)

Worst Episode Opinion

<< < (44/46) > >>

Squirrelbait:
Worst Curly: Back To The Woods/Rhythm And Weep
Worst Shemp: Bedlam In Paradise/Hot Stuff
Worst Joe Besser: Horsing Around (which also gets my vote for worst Stooge short of all time.)

Lefty:
Worst Curly:  Woman Haters
Worst Shemp:  Cuckoo on a Choo-Choo
Worst Joe:  Hoofs and Goofs (only because I have seen that many more times than Horsing Around)
Worst Operating System:  Windows 8
Worst General Manager:  Ruben Amaro Jr. and Paul Holmgren (tie)

healyhouston:

I actually like Woman Haters.  I remember years ago I saw the Stooges show at the Alex in Glendale and a band was playing the song from Woman Haters.

IchabodSlipp:
The worst one for me was "I Can Hardly Wait" (1943). Moe seems needlessly grouchy in this, the plot is pretty awful about Curly having a toothache (just never found dental humor funny) and the ending about it being a dream was pretty lame.

Paul Pain:
Using our friend's format...

Worst Curly: BEER BARREL POLECATS.  While Shemp_Diesel has a very strong argument on MUTTS TO YOU, BEER BARREL POLECATS is much sloppier and has a lower quality of performance from all involved.

Worst Shemp: I like to break this up into categories: originals, remakes, and of course the "Shemp A.D." shorts:

worst original Shemp: SELF MADE MAIDS, which isn't to say I don't like this short in its own way.

worst Shemp remake: BUBBLE TROUBLE is just... weird.

worst post-mortem Shemp: They ALL suck HORRIBLY.  But SCHEMING SCHEMERS wins for the disgusting line at the end of the short.

worst Besser short: I haven't seen all the Besser shorts

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version