General Boards > Read These First (FAQ)

Worst Episode Opinion

<< < (43/46) > >>

RICO987:

I wonder if that was because the older shorts were harder to come by in 16mm. 

I would have to guess those were not Larry’s three favorites…

Maybe Cuckoo on a Choo Choo was one of his favorites.

Shemp_Diesel:
I know I'm a little late to the party, but I'll add my 2 cents:

Worst Curly: Mutts to You. I'm not the biggest Charley Chase fan, as far as his work with the stooges is concerned and this is definitely his worst. Dog-washing machine, not funny at all. The baby scenes are mildy amusing at best & the ending is just meh. I'll even take some of the post-stroke Curly's like A Bird in the Head over "Mutts".

Worst Shemp: I like to break this up into categories: originals, remakes, and of course the "Shemp A.D." shorts:

worst original Shemp: Self Made Maids

worst Shemp remake: Hot Ice

worst post-mortem Shemp: Rumpus in the Harem

worst Besser short: Horsing Around easily, although I think Flying Saucer Daffy and Triple Crossed deserve an honorable mention as well.

And for extra credit, worst Derita feature: Snow White, nuff said!

archiezappa:

--- Quote from: Shemp_Diesel on January 14, 2013, 06:22:03 PM ---I know I'm a little late to the party, but I'll add my 2 cents:

Worst Curly: Mutts to You. I'm not the biggest Charley Chase fan, as far as his work with the stooges is concerned and this is definitely his worst. Dog-washing machine, not funny at all. The baby scenes are mildy amusing at best & the ending is just meh. I'll even take some of the post-stroke Curly's like A Bird in the Head over "Mutts".

Worst Shemp: I like to break this up into categories: originals, remakes, and of course the "Shemp A.D." shorts:

worst original Shemp: Self Made Maids

worst Shemp remake: Hot Ice

worst post-mortem Shemp: Rumpus in the Harem

worst Besser short: Horsing Around easily, although I think Flying Saucer Daffy and Triple Crossed deserve an honorable mention as well.

And for extra credit, worst Derita feature: Snow White, nuff said!

--- End quote ---

I like the way you broke them down into categories.  I may have to make my own list like this.  Cool!

Allen Champion:
For me, all the Stooges shorts are wonderful, except for IF A BODY MEETS A BODY through HALF WITS HOLIDAY.  I can't bear to see one of the world's most beloved comedians practically dying before my eyes.  It says a lot for his love of performing and his dedication to his career.  But what a tragic end for someone who brought (and continues to bring) so much joy into the world.

stoogerascalfan62:
Mine would be Triple Crossed. Did not care for the way Larry was depicted, especially the end-I know it was a remake of He Cooked His Goose, which had, IMO, a more tolerable ending-with (in TC) Moe beating up on Larry. Only saw it once, never again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version