General Boards > Read These First (FAQ)

Worst Episode Opinion

<< < (40/46) > >>

Stooge-Adam:

--- Quote from: Blystone on June 13, 2010, 06:26:54 AM ---There's really someone who doesn't like "Scrambled Brains?" That's understandable if you can't laugh at Shemp, and some people can't... to each their own. However, this is some great Stooging! How can you not crack up even at the supporting cast? Emil Sitka, Vernon Dent, and Babe London? Larry getting pelted on the head with eggs, in a phone booth?

Then there's Shemp's Boogie-Woogie, which is probably only funny to piano players— but it is funny.

[groucho]

--- End quote ---

Shemp is actually my favorite Stooge and I get a lot of guff from a Curly fan at work for it too.

I just didn't find "Scrambled Brains" to be funny as much as annoying. I'm surprised so many people love it so much.

metaldams:

--- Quote from: Stooge-Adam on June 13, 2010, 06:39:40 AM ---Shemp is actually my favorite Stooge and I get a lot of guff from a Curly fan at work for it too.

I just didn't find "Scrambled Brains" to be funny as much as annoying. I'm surprised so many people love it so much.

--- End quote ---

I also think SCARMBLED BRAINS was Larry's personal favorite Stooge short.  He did own a personal copy based on what I've read.

Hey, if ya don't like it, ya don't like it.  Most Stooge fans love it and consider it one of the better Shemps.  I'll be holding a tournament that starts on Wednesday, so everybody gets a chance to vote.

Stooge-Adam:

--- Quote from: metaldams on June 13, 2010, 12:02:38 PM ---I also think SCARMBLED BRAINS was Larry's personal favorite Stooge short.  He did own a personal copy based on what I've read.

Hey, if ya don't like it, ya don't like it.  Most Stooge fans love it and consider it one of the better Shemps.  I'll be holding a tournament that starts on Wednesday, so everybody gets a chance to vote.

--- End quote ---

That's good to know about it being Larry's favorite. I was wondering what his favorite short was. I know that Moe's is "You Nazty Spy!" and Curly's is "A Plumbing We Will Go" and Shemp's is "Fright Night." Now I know Larry's. :)

What's everyone's take on my two least favorite Curly's: Back to the Woods and Three Loan Wolves?

ThumpTheShoes:

--- Quote from: Stooge-Adam on June 13, 2010, 03:39:13 PM ---What's everyone's take on my two least favorite Curly's: Back to the Woods and Three Loan Wolves?

--- End quote ---

The only weak thing about Back to the Woods is the dancing bit.. when they show the girls clapping and truckin' (the thing with the wagging finger).. that always gets an unintended chuckle and a cringe from me.

Three Loan Wolves has always been a favourite of mine. If for no other reason than the offspring crushing Porcupine's cheek with his little hand! And there's the solution for crying: Just change his position from one side to the other! And pineapples with TNT! The Old Oaken Bucket! A genuine Stratosphere! And more!

Stooge-Adam:
I've found another bad one... "Hoofs and Goofs." Oddly enough Joe wasn't bad in it. I've been enjoying Joe so far, though it's a little strange without Shemp. I seem to miss Shemp more in the Joe's than I missed Curly in the Shemp's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version