General Boards > Read These First (FAQ)

Worst Episode Opinion

<< < (4/46) > >>

McSnuff20:
Anytime in my life that a Joe came on I would turn if off.  So I can't pick one in particular but A Merry Mix-up was just awful.   I can't even say what Sweet and Hot was but I'm sure it was crap.  Never partial to Shemp either except maybe Brideless Groom and Fright Night with Chopper were ok.  Hated Coo Coo on the Choo-Choo that was disturbing and that canary.... Otherwise I consider Moe, Larry and Curley as the three Stooges so the worst is Half-Wits' Holiday his last one.

Dog Hambone:
I don't understand how nyuknyuk or anyone else could possibly get "annoyied {sic}" while watching a Curly short, whether they've seen it once or a hundred times. Then, he says he saw Calling All Curs 3 times in one week & it's a good "comedey {sic}". Huh? Shouldn't he be doubly annoyed at having to watch it 3 times?

As for the Joe Besser shorts, I used to walk away when they came on, but I generally watch them now (although not as closely as those with Curly or Shemp). I guess for the trivia value if nothing else. I get a chuckle when Moe hits Joe, & Joe whines "Ow, that hurts" while half-heartedly hitting Moe back. And I laugh at the scene in Outer Space Jitters when Joe loads the pockets of his pants with gold bars, then his pants fall down causing him to trip & fall flat on his face. As for the trivia, where else could you have seen Dan Blocker portraying a robot/monster prior to his role as Hoss Cartwright in Bonanza? 

My wife doesn't go out of her way to watch the Stooges on her own, but she will watch them if I have them on. Her observation of Joe was "he was a real flamer". That doesn't cross my mind when I see him, but I can see what she means.          

nyuknyuk:
Guess I was unclear on my explanation. What I meant to say was even though Calling all Curs is a good episode, I get really annoyed if i see it more than once in one week. About the Joe shorts, i think the worst one I've ever seen was the remake of "Idiots Deluxe" called "Guns a poppin!" It didn't impress me at all. I recommend the original.

Dog Hambone:
ok, I understand you now, nyuknyuk. I don't want to see any episodes that often, no matter how good they are. That's one thing that can get a little annoying about the remakes where a lot of stock footage was used. For example, Spike showed "Rip, Sew & Stitch" (remake) recently, & then it seemed like within a few days Spike was showing "Sing a Song of Six Pants" (original).

nyuknyuk:
I see what you mean. i saw "Rip sew and stich" the first time on tubetime which is on demand. It is totally the same plot as Sing a song of six pants           

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version