Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Worst Episode Opinion

xraffle

Uh oh! No more Karma system now. It probably isn't such a bad idea that it's taken out anyway. People use it the wrong way. Not saying whether or not Diane's smites were legitimate or not. It's just that over the years, in general, it has been used improperly by some people.

Offline curlysdame

Uh oh! No more Karma system now. It probably isn't such a bad idea that it's taken out anyway. People use it the wrong way. Not saying whether or not Diane's smites were legitimate or not. It's just that over the years, in general, it has been used improperly by some people.

Aww!  That sucks!  I thought the karma system was a cool idea.  Although, I do see how it could easily get out of hand/be abused.  I remember that moe-jo/Mattie Herring character got smited a lot (for good reason, though)...   :P
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

xraffle

Yeah, that's true. I wonder if there is a way to have a Karma system where people are only allowed to applaud someone.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
That would be extremely gay, which the karma system was anyway, but even gayer still if all you could do was applaud someone.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

xraffle

The problem I have with smiting is that when you do so, you're pretty much smiting yourself as that person will most likely retaliate. If I remember correctly, I believe I only smited two people, one of which retaliated and smited me back.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
It was kind of a silly feature at best.  I probably should have turned the stupid thing off ages ago, but better late than never.   ;)

Offline Dr. Belch

Beer Barrel Polecats is quite off. The riotous yeast gag is the high point, but it sort of loses its way in the second half with the Goodbye, Mr. Chumps footage that never quite meshes with the beermaking plot, and Eddie Laughton either couldn't or wouldn't come in to film a new scene at the end. That maybe would have better tied the thing together.

Three Loan Wolves, another short from the ailing Curly era, also leaves a sour taste. Larry makes a game effort, but can't quite pull off jokes that were obviously scripted with a frentic Curly in mind. And the kid just up and walks away from his three "dads", who raised him, to go look for his mom (well, actually, his aunt, if I recall right), who was little more than some two-bit gun moll who abandoned him as a baby.  Ungrateful little turd, wasn't he?

Joe Besser was actually a stand-up guy. He realized his limits and spoke warmly of the team, whic hhe called "Besser and the Stooges". That bioepic they did a while back made him out to be more like a petulent, arrogant horse's ass.

Offline metaldams

That would be extremely gay, which the karma system was anyway, but even gayer still if all you could do was applaud someone.

First you guys accuse Joe Besser of being gay, and now the karma system?  Tsk, tsk, I don't know how you guys can look in the mirror every morning!  :police:
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline JazzBill

It was kind of a silly feature at best.  I probably should have turned the stupid thing off ages ago, but better late than never.   ;)
I thought the karma thing was fun at times. But it was flawed to say the least. How could anyone deserve to have more karma points than people like Brent and Gary? Maybe now if someone says or does something that I believe deserves recognition, I'll send them a PM and tell them so.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Everyone:

Just would like to extend one last apology for my incorrect way of using the word "fag".  I did not realize how offensive the word was until I was explained by couple of other members of the site.  If this did damage to the Karma section I do extend my apologies.  Again everyone this is the last I will mention on this but I just wanted to let everyone know I did not mean to use it in was of hurting any one.  I was just using it to make a statement.  Again sorry.

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392

Offline Shemp27

I can't believe all of these posts bashing "Woman Haters" its the first short that deserves some credit in my opinion. Also its has some funny parts, by no means is it in my top 20 or maybe even 50 but its still a solid stooge short.
Quiet numbskulls I'm broadcasting!

Offline Single-O

Here we go again!

Sorry, my opinion.  I also think DeRita sucks, too.  The Stooges ended for me when Shemp went.  I just find all the post-Shemp shorts and ESPECIALLY the features dull and lifeless.

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Sorry, my opinion.  I also think DeRita sucks, too.  The Stooges ended for me when Shemp went.  I just find all the post-Shemp shorts and ESPECIALLY the features dull and lifeless.

Hey Single-O: ;D

I totally argee with you.  I also feel that the post Shemp era was a total wash out.  To me in my opinion Shemp was the best of them all.  As a Stooge or solo in his own shorts and features.  Thank you for listening.

May the remaining portion of your week and your up coming weekend be great!

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392 [3stooges]

xraffle

Yup, Besser sucks.

I can't help but notice that you have a Besser icon. Had you not said that, I would've still thought you were a Besser fan. Very rarely do I see someone use the stooge they hate and add it as their icon. :D

Offline Sadistic Stooge

Oh for the love of god people ! We get it You hate Besser when he was with the stooges . He did much more work then that on his own that was funny . He worked with Abbott and Costello on there TV show for 1 season and when he played the brat Stinky , he had me rolling on the floor !!!!!  Some of his Columbia shorts were funny too like   "CAUGHT ON THE BOUNCE"  He was also funny working with Shemp in AFRICA SCREAMS . I wish that Shemp and Besser would of worked more movies or shorts together .

So bottom line is , stop putting down Besser . Besser him self knew he didn't fit with Moe and Larry ,but it was a job and they told him he was needed with the stooges so thats what he had to do .
If your boss told you to do some thing at work you didn't like doing are you going to tell him/her no ?

that's it I'm done with this Besser Topic

xraffle

You know, it's funny. You always hear people say Shemp is not as good as Curly. Then, Joe and Curly-Joe weren't as good as Shemp, so people hate them even more. Sometimes I wonder, if Curly ended up being the last of the six stooges to be hired, would everyone be saying that Curly sucks? [confused2]

Offline Sadistic Stooge

You know, it's funny. You always hear people say Shemp is not as good as Curly. Then, Joe and Curly-Joe weren't as good as Shemp, so people hate them even more. Sometimes I wonder, if Curly ended up being the last of the six stooges to be hired, would everyone be saying that Curly sucks? [confused2]

Wow that never crossed my mind , good question .
I know looking at the stuff Curly did at MGM And the 1 movie he did at Universal , was not the same as when he worked at Columbia . He was not as free to make up stuff and make the story line funner  . So if he acted like he did at MGM and Universal the whole time he was with the stooges at Columbia, I would have to say Shemp would of beat him out as best 3rd stooge .

Offline curlysdame

Good point, X.  I never thought of that...

This is the way I see it:  Despite the fact that Shemp was indeed a stooge before Curly, he was not part of the official, original "Three Stooges" act as we know it today, i.e. the Columbia shorts.  They legally changed their name to "The Three Stooges" in 1934 shortly after they were signed with Columbia, which, technically, makes Curly the original third 'Stooge.'  He was there during their rising fame, and ultimately, the glory years.  People always remember those years best, and have a higher regard for those films.  Also keep in mind, that during the years Curly was part of the act, was when they accumulated the majority of their popularity.  ...So you end up with all these theater goers/fans who have seen Curly for the last 12 years, who have come to love him, and then one day Shemp appears in Curly's place.  Which was probably like, "Shemp?  Where's Curly?  Well, he's funny, but we still want Curly."  I guess the successors will always be compared to the original.
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline Sadistic Stooge

Good point, X.  I never thought of that...

This is the way I see it:  Despite the fact that Shemp was indeed a stooge before Curly, he was not part of the official, original "Three Stooges" act as we know it today, i.e. the Columbia shorts.  They legally changed their name to "The Three Stooges" in 1934 shortly after they were signed with Columbia, which, technically, makes Curly the original third 'Stooge.'  He was there during their rising fame, and ultimately, the glory years.  People always remember those years best, and have a higher regard for those films.  Also keep in mind, that during the years Curly was part of the act, was when they accumulated the majority of their popularity.  ...So you end up with all these theater goers/fans who have seen Curly for the last 12 years, who have come to love him, and then one day Shemp appears in Curly's place.  Which was probably like, "Shemp?  Where's Curly?  Well, he's funny, but we still want Curly."  I guess the predecessors will always be compared to the original.

Right On The Money !!!!!!

Offline Shemp27

I totally agree but as you can tell from my name and icon shemp holds a special place in my childhood. No I was not around when the stooges were but I remember my dad and I watching family channel late at night when they had the stooges and shemp was always hands down my favorite. He was just different and unique from curly which took a lot for him not to copy his brother's success. I love curly but I will always fight that shemp was just as if not funnier than curly.
Quiet numbskulls I'm broadcasting!

Offline FineBari3

I totally agree but as you can tell from my name and icon shemp holds a special place in my childhood. No I was not around when the stooges were but I remember my dad and I watching family channel late at night when they had the stooges and shemp was always hands down my favorite. He was just different and unique from curly which took a lot for him not to copy his brother's success. I love curly but I will always fight that shemp was just as if not funnier than curly.

I can't believe that I am so old that kids from that time of the Family Channel are now nostalgic!   [faint2]
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Single-O

Oh for the love of god people ! We get it You hate Besser when he was with the stooges . He did much more work then that on his own that was funny . He worked with Abbott and Costello on there TV show for 1 season and when he played the brat Stinky , he had me rolling on the floor !!!!!  Some of his Columbia shorts were funny too like   "CAUGHT ON THE BOUNCE"  He was also funny working with Shemp in AFRICA SCREAMS . I wish that Shemp and Besser would of worked more movies or shorts together .

So bottom line is , stop putting down Besser . Besser him self knew he didn't fit with Moe and Larry ,but it was a job and they told him he was needed with the stooges so thats what he had to do .
If your boss told you to do some thing at work you didn't like doing are you going to tell him/her no ?

that's it I'm done with this Besser Topic

Joe Besser = NEVER funny.

stoogeophile

Yup, Besser sucks.

I can't help but notice that you have a Besser icon. Had you not said that, I would've still thought you were a Besser fan. Very rarely do I see someone use the stooge they hate and add it as their icon. :D

Yes, I thought the same. I do not understand him. ???