Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Worst Episode Opinion

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
The only Team Stooge member who does much of anything is Brent, none the less you should refrain from taking shots at Diane. It's not nice to make fun of those who cannot help themselves, so please: don't be a Jim.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
  • "I am Mattie Herring. Ah, my favorite dish!"
It's funny how things work.

I read this topic, and commented on Joe.  Then later I watched a MST3K episode that had an experiment about Joe Besser!  I looked for it on YouTube, but couldn't find the clip so I had to make it.

[youtube=425,350]6g2e41l36es[/youtube]

The way I see it, Joe isn't gay (acting or in real life).  His Stooge character was more of the wuss/wimp/sissy type.  The guy who can get angry, but doesn't know how to do anything with it.  He can be funny, but unfortunately the stories/plots used with Joe were old.  That is probably why I like the UFO ones so much, since they are new material that wasn't used with Curly or Shemp.
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Diane just agreed with my persepction of Joe. Whether he was a fag or not in real life, I don't care. But in the Stooges  he was.

My 2 pennies.

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline curlysdame

Diane just agreed with my persepction of Joe. Whether he was a fag or not in real life, I don't care. But in the Stooges  he was.

Cool.  But can we retire this whole 'fag' issue?  [deadhorse]   Joe wasn't a 'fag,' and neither were any of the other Stooges.  I dunno about the rest of you guys, but I think it's pretty insulting to Joe's memory to refer to him as a 'gay boy' or a 'muffin fag.'  Muffin fag?  Wtf?  What a dumb comment.

...Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is this:  this is supposed to be a site where we're pro-Stooges.  What kind of fan are you if you insult one of them??   ???
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Point made. I'm over it. I'll still not buy the Joe's.

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline curlysdame

Point made. I'm over it. I'll still not buy the Joe's.

As am I.   ...That's cool.  No one's forcing you.   [cool]

*and peace was restored to the land....?*
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

xraffle

My 2 pennies.

James

I understand she agreed with you, but she went to the next level and decided to call Joe a "woose muffin fag." I find that a lot worse than saying he's gay.

Offline metaldams

If someone would like to interpret Joe's character as gay (notice I said character, not the real man), that's fine.  While I may disagree with you, at least give evidence to back up your point.

Also, the term "fag," whether it be of the regular or woose muffin variety, is as offensive as any racial or ethnic slur you can think of.
- Doug Sarnecky

xraffle

If someone would like to interpret Joe's character as gay (notice I said character, not the real man), that's fine.  While I may disagree with you, at least give evidence to back up your point.

Also, the term "fag," whether it be of the regular or woose muffin variety, is as offensive as any racial or ethnic slur you can think of.

Yeah, I agree.

One thing I don't understand about Diane is that she apologizes for all sorts of strange reasons such as being a "nuisance" or whatever. But now is the time she really needs to apologize but she doesn't. Like what Jim said, her true color is beginning to show.

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Sirs (XRAFFLE) (And Others):

Sir what I was trying to say when I said that Mr. Besser was a woose muffin fag, is that I did not like him as a Stooge.  I was not putting any personal statement on him personally.  As a matter of fact sir, I do not know much about his personal life.  For all that matters if I can put in some sort of an apology, (may not hold), I do have respect for his long time marriage to his wife. 

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Sirs and Mames: (Xraffle, Curlysdame, Metaldams, BeAStooge and others):

I would like to direct this post to everyone of you.  You can make your opinions on any and everything and that is all right. But sirs and mames if I dare say anything that is my opinion, and the way I post,  you shoot me down, insult me, so on and so forth.  It is all right if you make your statements and none of you insult each other, but if I do it you're at me like it is the wrong thing to do. Sorry for bothering your wonderful site.  I will try to refrain as much as possible from posting here.  I feel that I am not wanted.  I am not looking for sympathy, just wanted to let you know that I am no better than any of you.  I thought anyone could make their opinions sounded here, but I guess not.  Like I mentioned to "Curlysdame" in a personal post, I am not "STRAIGHT."  Fill in the blanks. I just thought the way you were rifling at me about my opinion of the worst episode thread was a BIT HURTFUL.  It is all right for you ladies and gentlemen to say your opinions, and not be shot at with a .30/30 gat with a clip.  I never once ever said anything bad about any of you. I always up to now kept thanking you for your help.  No one is better than anyone else.  They way I post was the way I was raised. Again I'll try not to post anymore than I have to.  I even posted a rebuttle, explination on what I meant about what I said about Mr. Besser.

Sirs and Mames may the remaining portion of your week be a great one.

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392 

xraffle

Diane,

No way did we intend to hurt your feelings or chase you away. I'm going to be direct. You take things too personally. Every little thing we do seems to bother you and make you feel unwanted. Saying that Joe Besser is a "woose muffin fag" is a very ignorant and offensive thing to say and we were just pointing that out. If you did anything so terrible, the moderators would've banned you and as you've seen, they show no mercy when doing so if they feel a person deserves it. You weren't even warned or anything. We were just saying that your comment was uncalled for. I know we are allowed to express our opinions here, but obviously, there's a limit. I could be wrong, but that's just what I think. Don't think we don't want you here because if you do, you're getting the wrong idea. If you decide not to post anymore, that's your decision, not anyone else's. If I, in any way, hurt your feelings, then I apologize. I really wish you wouldn't always take things the wrong way and be so sensitive about. The point of this site is to have fun, but you seem to be a bit too tense when posting. There's no need to be nervous. Trust me, nobody hates you. Heck, you were even made a "Team Stooge." That should mean something to you. I know it would mean a lot to me. Please, try not to take things too harshly. We all get corrected here. Even I was corrected many times. There's nothing much else I can say right now. Just please remember. You never "bothered" this site and we don't want you to refrain from posting here. You are always welcome to post here anytime.

xraffle

Offline archiezappa

Diane,

I also agree that you shouldn't leave.  I feel that you really contribute something good to this site.

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
  • "I am Mattie Herring. Ah, my favorite dish!"
I also think that you should stay around Diane...just be more careful with your choice of words.

Having an opinion isn't against the law.  Sure you might still offend/piss off some people who think differently, but when you use offensive words (why not homosexual instead of fag?) that will usually upset a lot more people.

Hopefully a lesson here has been learned by all.  Choose your words well...and try not to jump down people's throats when they use the wrong words.   [cool]

We all make mistakes...except me of course.   :D
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

Offline JazzBill

AdiĆ³s Diane, don't let the door hit you in the ass. Hey Rob, can I be a Team Stooge member now?

Just kidding Diane  :laugh:
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

xraffle

Hey Rob, can I be a Team Stooge member now?

I'm not even sure what Team Stooge members do anyway. My guess is that they help with this site in some way, but I'm not sure exactly what their role is.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Diane, you are certainly entitled to your own opinion, and while I don't agree with you, Joe Besser has definitely been called worse by others here in the past.  I used to have a pretty low opinion of Joe until I started watching some of his solo work.  He was an fine actor and, from what I have learned of him, he was an extremely decent human being. 

I just don't think his style really fit with the Stooges.  I still dislike most of his Stooges shorts, but I blame that as much on the studio and the overall quality of the productions and scripts as I do on Joe's character. 

Nevertheless, I'll be buying the Joe volume.  I've got to have the complete collection.   ;D

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I'm not even sure what Team Stooge members do anyway. My guess is that they help with this site in some way, but I'm not sure exactly what their role is.

Team Stooge members help maintain and expand the Filmography database.  BeAStooge does the lion's share of the work, but the others help out.  For example, we've had several new Transcripts added to the database over the past few weeks, thanks to Diane and Stooge (who reappeared recently.)

Offline metaldams

Having an opinion isn't against the law.  Sure you might still offend/piss off some people who think differently, but when you use offensive words (why not homosexual instead of fag?) that will usually upset a lot more people.

Bingo.  As a moderator, I will never ban someone over an opinion, no matter how offensive I find said opinion.  I believe in freedom of speech.  As a poster who is offended by the opinion, I will speak out on it.  My freedom of speech, and that says terms like "fag" are unnecessary. This is the last I'll speak on the issue.
- Doug Sarnecky

xraffle

I think I might have went a bit overboard. I received a message from Diane and she was a bit hurt by what we said. I sent her an apology. I really hope she'll consider posting again. From now on, I'll try not to take people's opinions too personally.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Diane,

No way did we intend to hurt your feelings or chase you away. I'm going to be direct. You take things too personally. Every little thing we do seems to bother you and make you feel unwanted. Saying that Joe Besser is a "woose muffin fag" is a very ignorant and offensive thing to say and we were just pointing that out. If you did anything so terrible, the moderators would've banned you and as you've seen, they show no mercy when doing so if they feel a person deserves it. You weren't even warned or anything. We were just saying that your comment was uncalled for. I know we are allowed to express our opinions here, but obviously, there's a limit. I could be wrong, but that's just what I think. Don't think we don't want you here because if you do, you're getting the wrong idea. If you decide not to post anymore, that's your decision, not anyone else's. If I, in any way, hurt your feelings, then I apologize. I really wish you wouldn't always take things the wrong way and be so sensitive about. The point of this site is to have fun, but you seem to be a bit too tense when posting. There's no need to be nervous. Trust me, nobody hates you. Heck, you were even made a "Team Stooge." That should mean something to you. I know it would mean a lot to me. Please, try not to take things too harshly. We all get corrected here. Even I was corrected many times. There's nothing much else I can say right now. Just please remember. You never "bothered" this site and we don't want you to refrain from posting here. You are always welcome to post here anytime.

xraffle

Speak for yourself, X. If she's so sad she can go cry on the Grand Dragon's shoulder at the next Klan rally.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

xraffle

Well, I just don't like chasing people away. I didn't realize disagreeing with a person's opinion was going to cause such a mess. So, I'll just refrain from doing so next time, even if it is technically allowed on this site.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Just because someone is touchy doesn't mean you should give up your right to express a dissenting opinion. If that certain someone cannot deal with dissenting opinions then they are the ones who should keep their mouths shut.

xraffle

Whoa! Diane's karma went down dramatically in the last 24 hours. Now come on. Be nice people. ;)

I guess if the mods think it's alright to express a dissenting opinion, then'll I'll continue to do so. But for now, I won't opine on this "fag" issue anymore.

Offline curlysdame

Whoa! Diane's karma went down dramatically in the last 24 hours.

-5.  Damn, it did!.  ...And I thought I held a grudge.