Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

44 hour continuous binge of The Three Stooges 10/19-10/21/24

Offline Samurai

Once again on 'Catchy Comedy' Network. 10am Saturday until 6am Monday (CDT).

What a month this has been. First, The Honeymooners, then Laurel & Hardy...and this weekend...Our beloved Stooges. Flippin' brilliant!! I only hope the majority of you are able to watch.

Offline Freddie Sanborn

I’m glad Catchy Comedy is bringing back the classic comedians, but who would, or could, watch the Stooges for almost 48 hours? I’m a YUGE comedy fan, but most of these guys work best in small doses. That’s why their films ran just 16-20 minutes.
“If it’s not comedy, I fall asleep.” Harpo Marx

Offline metaldams

I’m glad Catchy Comedy is bringing back the classic comedians, but who would, or could, watch the Stooges for almost 48 hours? I’m a YUGE comedy fan, but most of these guys work best in small doses. That’s why their films ran just 16-20 minutes.

It’s funny you say that.  I’ve been trying to have marathons recently, Harold Lloyd, Three Stooges, Laurel and Hardy, etc.  I actually did get through Harry Langdon’s silent filmography in a matter of a couple of weeks, but only because it’s relatively shorter and if it was even a little longer, I wouldn’t have lasted.

You’re right, the older I get, the earlier, smaller doses indeed tend to be more satisfying.  Spacing things out is the way to go, something I need to teach my naturally obsessive brain.
- Doug Sarnecky