Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

My Great-Great-Grandpa's Sister

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Bunionhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
I don't know if anyone here has heard of the movies LETTERS TO EVIE (1946) or DON'T WRITE LETTERS (1922).  I learned today that these two movies are both based on the same short story (I forget the title), which was written by one Mrs. Blanche Brace.  Well, Blanche Brace happens to be my great-great-grandpa's younger sister, making her my 3rd-great aunt.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

No date of death on her IMDb page, so she may still be living!  [pie]. That’s awesome Paul.  Have you seen the movies at all?

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0102694/?ref_=tt_cl_wr_1

There’s a family story from my grandmother that my great grandfather, her father, was supposedly a cameraman for Fox studios when they were on the east coast.  This would have been around 1915 or 1916.  The story is William Fox asked him to come to the west coast but he refused and continued his career as a musician - he played oboe.  My grandmother says if he went to the west coast, none of us would have been born.  He married my great grandmother in 1920 and she was born in 1922.

There are no IMDb credits for him, but then again, he may have been a second unit guy or it may all be b.s.  I’ll probably never know.  He was a cameraman of some type though.  There’s footage of my grandparents wedding in 1948 and my Dad as a baby in 1950 because of him.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
It's fascinating the kind of things like that you can discover when you research your family tree.  I discovered an ancestor on my mother's side who had been hung as a witch in Massachusetts during the Salem witch hysteria in 1692.  His wife and oldest daughter had also been accused, but fortunately sanity returned before they were killed, and they were able to eventually get the family property back.

My grandmother on my father's side once told me that my grandfather (who died when I was 2), had been an executive with a company in NYC called something along the lines of "Modern Talking Motion Pictures" , and that he had once been recruited by Walt Disney, but had turned him down because he considered Disney a bad business risk.  lol

Offline Paul Pain

• Bunionhead
No date of death on her IMDb page, so she may still be living!  [pie]. That’s awesome Paul.  Have you seen the movies at all?

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0102694/?ref_=tt_cl_wr_1

That'd be problematic if that's the Blanche Brace who wrote the story, as she and my aunt are born in very different times and places.  Perhaps they're happens to be a writer with the same name as my aunt who happened to be an accomplished amateur musician?  If so, that'd be a cool coincidence.  :)
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Paul Pain

• Bunionhead
It's fascinating the kind of things like that you can discover when you research your family tree.  I discovered an ancestor on my mother's side who had been hung as a witch in Massachusetts during the Salem witch hysteria in 1692.  His wife and oldest daughter had also been accused, but fortunately sanity returned before they were killed, and they were able to eventually get the family property back.

My grandmother on my father's side once told me that my grandfather (who died when I was 2), had been an executive with a company in NYC called something along the lines of "Modern Talking Motion Pictures" , and that he had once been recruited by Walt Disney, but had turned him down because he considered Disney a bad business risk.  lol

I have a great-grandpa way back in the 1600s who was sentenced to die as a galley slave.  :(  His wife was only 30 at the time, and their oldest child was only 12 at the time.  But that's one of my mothers Corleone ancestors.  [pie]
#1 fire kibitzer