Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Design Feedback Request

Poll

Which layout do you prefer for the Filmography film description pagee?

The current layout (figure 1)
0 (0%)
The new layout (figure 2)
3 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 17, 2022, 06:55:07 PM

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I've never been completely satisfied with the layout of the film description pages in the Filmography since I changed to the new template a few years ago.  Recently, I've been messing around with a redesign of the page, trying various changes, and I've come up with one that I think really works.  It also fits in with the changes I made a while back to the Chronology pages and the "On This Date" feature on the Home page. 

But before I just switch everyone over to it, I'd like to get some feedback from you guys on the new design.  Below are screenshots of the page for "Men in Black" (1934).  Figure 1 is the current layout, and Figure 2 is the new layout.  To check out the pages directly, click on the clicks below.

Figure 1.

Figure 2.

Offline metaldams

New layout.  The darker color looks better and is easier on the eyes.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
New layout.  The darker color looks better and is easier on the eyes.

The dark theme is just because I was logged in.  There are three additional themes available to logged in members, but ironically I was just thinking that maybe I should also switch the default to the dark theme.  lol

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
I like the larger and more row-based photos for the actors.  It's a more compact yet still simple layout.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline hiramhorwitz

The second choice works good for me.  Thanks for the continuous improvement!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
The second choice works good for me.  Thanks for the continuous improvement!

You're welcome!   :)

I like writing code - to me it feels more like playing than working.  (Which is probably why I've stayed at the same job for over 20 years and haven't retired.  I mean, they are paying me to do something I think is fun - and they let me do it from home!  Score!) 
 [whoo]

And I am always open to ideas for new or improved features on ThreeStooges.net, so please feel free to make suggestions!   ;D

Offline metaldams

Going through entries on the new site, it really looks beautiful, Rob.  Love the layout of the the pictures of cast members.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Going through entries on the new site, it really looks beautiful, Rob.  Love the layout of the the pictures of cast members.

Thanks, Doug.  It's taken me a while to get the hang of the template I'm using and its stylesheet, so I keep tweaking different pages trying to improve how they look and function.  I think I'm finally satisfied with the overall layout of the Filmography pages now, although a few sections still need some further tweaking.  ;)

What do you think of the new "sepia" default theme?  (You may not have seen it if you were logged in.  I didn't mess with anyone's existing theme choice.)  I thought the sepia theme was easier on the eyes then the original light theme, and it seems more appropriate to showcase the Stooges.  :)

Offline metaldams

Thanks, Doug.  It's taken me a while to get the hang of the template I'm using and its stylesheet, so I keep tweaking different pages trying to improve how they look and function.  I think I'm finally satisfied with the overall layout of the Filmography pages now, although a few sections still need some further tweaking.  ;)

What do you think of the new "sepia" default theme?  (You may not have seen it if you were logged in.  I didn't mess with anyone's existing theme choice.)  I thought the sepia theme was easier on the eyes then the original light theme, and it seems more appropriate to showcase the Stooges.  :)

This is what the color looks like on my iPad.  I like it a lot, looks fantastic.
- Doug Sarnecky