Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Outlaws is Coming Connection

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I grew up watching our local TV station (Channel 11, Dallas-Fort Worth, TX) which has since become a CBS station. Every morning, it showed a morning program called Slam-Bang Theatre. The host of that show was Bill Camfield, but he went by the name of Icky Twerp on the show, On the show, he had two helpers named Delphinium and Ajax, who wore ape masks and never spoke on camera. When Icky would show a Stooge episode, one of the helpers would jump on a bicycle powered movie projector and start pumping the pedals. This morning glut of cartoons and Stooges would help me get through my day at school.

Bill Camfield played Wyatt Earp on The Outlaws is Coming.  [3stooges]
Anyone else have memories like this?
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I watched the Stooges with "Officer Joe Bolton" on WPIX (NY) in the late 50s and early 60s, when we lived on Long Island and then in Connecticut.  He was also in "The Outlaws Is Coming", plus he was in "Stop, Look and Laugh".  He always made me think of my dad, who was a patrolman in Greenwich in those days.  (I used to think Curly in "Dizzy Dectectives" looked like Dad, because his uniform looked just like my father's.  lol)

Offline metaldams

I grew up in southern CT in the 80’s, so no hosts.  I got both the New York and Boston channels, so I watched the Stooges on WPIX 11New York,  WSBK TV 38 Boston as well as TBS.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

….and come to think of it, I mentioned in my OUTLAWS IS COMING! review that I think growing up with those hosts has to have more resonance for Baby Boomers when watching that film than it does for generations before or after.  Sounds like a cool time to grow up.

I actually do remember the last days of Captain Kangaroo on TV as a kid.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

It's very hard for me to remember my early childhood watching the Stooges. I believe in the early 80s, they were being broadcast on TBS and I have no recollection what their format was.

My clearest early memories are getting back into the boys watching those horribly edited Family Channel repeats, and by the time of NYUK with Leslie Nielsen and the gang, I was in my late teens/early 20s....
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

In Boston, we had Major Mudd ( Ed T McDonnell ), a funny astronaut, on WNAC-TV channel 7.  He was Bat Masterson in Outlaws.