Film & Shorts Discussions > Random Comedy Reviews

His Marriage Wow (1925) - Harry Langdon

<< < (2/4) > >>

Umbrella Sam:
And, since it’s kind of relevant here given the discussions we’ve been doing, I just wanted to point this out. The clip of Harry and his bride leaving the church from this short is featured in the music video for Elton John’s 1986 single, “Heartache All Over the World” (one of Elton’s least popular singles, but I actually kind of like it, and the video features many silent film clips in it).

metaldams:

--- Quote from: Umbrella Sam on April 09, 2022, 12:01:58 PM ---And, since it’s kind of relevant here given the discussions we’ve been doing, I just wanted to point this out. The clip of Harry and his bride leaving the church from this short is featured in the music video for Elton John’s 1986 single, “Heartache All Over the World” (one of Elton’s least popular singles, but I actually kind of like it, and the video features many silent film clips in it).

--- End quote ---

I would love an ID for all those clips.  Fascinating video, Mack Swain and 80’s Elton!

Iron Maiden use clips from Paul Parrot’s “The Uncovered Wagon” (1923) in their “Run to the Hills” video and I think the first time I ever saw Nosferatu footage was in the “Under Pressure” video from Queen and David Bowie.

So enough about Paul Parrot being a minor clown.  One of his shorts has 45 million views.  [pie]

Paul Pain:

--- Quote from: metaldams on April 09, 2022, 08:30:42 AM ---      Paul, I’m assuming BOOBS IN THE WOOD is next, right?  I got that short before this one on my DVD set.  I’m fine with whatever order you do them in (it can get confusing with filming and release order), but just want to make sure we’re not skipping that one.

--- End quote ---

I'm going off the order shown on Harry's IMDB filmography, which may or may not be wrong.  ::)

Paul Pain:
Also, for the record, Barney Google is a comic strip started in 1919 and was incredibly popular in the 1920s to 1940s and is one of the longest running comic strips ever.

metaldams:

--- Quote from: Paul Pain on April 09, 2022, 03:48:27 PM ---I'm going off the order shown on Harry's IMDB filmography, which may or may not be wrong.  ::)

--- End quote ---

Cool, so I now I know how to figure out what’s next.  Towards the end of the silent era, filming and release dates were definitely not the same.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version