Film & Shorts Discussions > Random Comedy Reviews

His Marriage Wow (1925) - Harry Langdon

<< < (3/4) > >>

HomokHarcos:
I think it would make sense to do all the Sennett stuff before the First Nationals.

Umbrella Sam:

--- Quote from: metaldams on April 09, 2022, 12:14:16 PM ---I would love an ID for all those clips.  Fascinating video, Mack Swain and 80’s Elton!

Iron Maiden use clips from Paul Parrot’s “The Uncovered Wagon” (1923) in their “Run to the Hills” video and I think the first time I ever saw Nosferatu footage was in the “Under Pressure” video from Queen and David Bowie.

So enough about Paul Parrot being a minor clown.  One of his shorts has 45 million views.  [pie]

--- End quote ---

I too would love to have identification on these, as I only recognize select clips. In particular, I’ve always wondered where the clip of the weird guy kissing his umbrella at 2:35 comes from.

That’s cool that a James Parrott comedy is part of an Iron Maiden video with that many views; I definitely wasn’t aware of that, but it is interesting to think that something he was in does live on as a result. Nosferatu in the “Under Pressure” isn’t quite as surprising considering that Nosferatu appears at the end of a classic SpongeBob episode. That movie seems destined to transcend generations.

HomokHarcos:

--- Quote from: metaldams on April 09, 2022, 12:14:16 PM ---I would love an ID for all those clips.  Fascinating video, Mack Swain and 80’s Elton!

Iron Maiden use clips from Paul Parrot’s “The Uncovered Wagon” (1923) in their “Run to the Hills” video and I think the first time I ever saw Nosferatu footage was in the “Under Pressure” video from Queen and David Bowie.

So enough about Paul Parrot being a minor clown.  One of his shorts has 45 million views.  [pie]

--- End quote ---
There's a Barry Manilow music video that has clips from Nothing Sacred with Carole Lombard and Disorder in the Court with The Three Stooges (both public Domain), and I remember the Oddities WWF titantron had clips from Freaks in it.

HomokHarcos:
The whole scene in the church was excellent. I ma just a big fan of church archeology and the way they are structured, despite me not coming from a religious family. The music in the video I watched definitely helped the atmosphere as well. The stuff with the ring was quite fun, I liked when it was attached to the tire and Harry was trying to get it off. The version I watched said Barney Google, and I wondered why they used a name from a comics strip. Vernon Dent was always a good pairing for Harry Langdon.

I've also noticed from watching Harry Langdon that he can carry the film forward just by himself and his reactions. They don't need to be fast paced, he's just that great at what he does.

Paul Pain:
I have everything in order for the next while so I shouldn't get anything out of order.  Hopefully no more such goobers!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version