Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Holy Crap! We're 25!

Offline JazzBill

Congratulations Rob!!! Time flies.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline NoahYoung

Wow, I didn't know this forum was that old. I just joined a month or so ago. I guess that makes me a newbie!
 [pie]
I haven't posted much lately -- I just haven't had much to say. So I figured I would check-in.
Burt Lancaster was too short!
- The Birdman of Alcatraz

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Wow, I didn't know this forum was that old. I just joined a month or so ago. I guess that makes me a newbie!
 [pie]
I haven't posted much lately -- I just haven't had much to say. So I figured I would check-in.

The forum, itelf, it only a bit over 20 years old; it is the ThreeStooges.net web site that is 25 years old.  :)

Offline NoahYoung

Thanks - I admit I'm not clear on threestooges.net and how it relates to moronika.com. I assume they are owned by the same entity, then.
The technical side of me, however, wonders why they have different domains, instead of threestooges.net/moronika.

BTW, is the thread title an homage to Frank Barone? :o

Offline metaldams

Thanks - I admit I'm not clear on threestooges.net and how it relates to moronika.com. I assume they are owned by the same entity, then.
The technical side of me, however, wonders why they have different domains, instead of threestooges.net/moronika.

The entity for both www.threestooges.net and www.Moronika.com is named “Dunrobin.”

There’s also rumors of the graft he’s accepting, both foreign and domestic, so this website can still run,  but I keep my head in the sand on such matters.  [pie]
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline NoahYoung

Holy Crap!

Offline metaldams

Holy Crap!

Now I’m going to walk around like a zombie the rest of the day saying, “holy crap!”
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline NoahYoung

Now I’m going to walk around like a zombie the rest of the day saying, “holy crap!”
And the reason that's bad is...?
 [pie]

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster

As metaldams said, I am the entity behind both ThreeStooges.net and Moronika.com:

Squinting into the bright sun in the badlands of western North Dakota, October 2018

And there is a reason for the separate domains.  Many years ago, the forum was embedded on ThreeStooges.net, but as the site grew we started having more and more problems which were causing the server the site was on to bog down.  This wasn't good,  obviously, especially considering the site is on a shared server and was causing problems for other web sites as well.  Working with the tech support, we determined that the problem was caused from having integrated the forum into the rest of ThreeStooges.net, so I ended up moving the forum to its own domain, which stopped the slow downs on the server.

I'm actually in the process of learning to code in a new framework that I hope will allow me to re-integrate the forum into ThreeStooges.net at some point, but that's still just a maybe right now.

And no, the thread title had nothing to do with Frank (although he was the only character I actually liked on that show.)  I've just always been prone to saying "Holy crap!" all my life.  lol

Offline metaldams

Rob, you look like a thinner Orson Welles in that picture.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Rob, you look like a thinner Orson Welles in that picture.

Hey!  I resemble that remark!   [bitchin] [2funny]

My brother took that picture while we were on the way to northern Idaho to pick up some furniture from Dad's house that our older brother put into storage for us after the house was sold.  We had stopped to stretch our legs at a scenic overlook on I-94, near the Thedore Roosevelt National Park.  We watched a herd of bison pass by below this spot.

BTW, if anyone is wondering, my t-shirt says "TANSTAAFL" ("There ain't no such thing as a free lunch"), which comes from Robert Heinlein's "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress".

Offline NoahYoung

I'm actually in the process of learning to code in a new framework that I hope will allow me to re-integrate the forum into ThreeStooges.net at some point, but that's still just a maybe right now.

You actually do the coding for this site? Nice, Mr. Entity! .NET? Java Enterprise Edition? Drupal? Ruby on Rails? I used to be a coder -- back in the day I used to use CGI coded in C, C++, and also some J2EE. I took a Drupal course about 5 years ago but never used it on the job.
Managed people in .NET; played around with it a bit myself. Also played around with Ruby on Rails for the halibut.

BTW, I used the word "entity" since I didn't know if it was a person or corporation (like the Stooges heirs) or something like that.
 [cool]