Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Don't Forget (1924) - Charley Chase

Offline HomokHarcos

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0440311/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_184

The next film, Love's Detour is lost. As for Don't Forget? It's mostly lost, but what's impressive is that it holds up on its own and tells a coherent story with just this little amount of footage there is. Charley Chase has a tendency to forget, and as a result almost misses his wedding. He rushes down to meet his fiancee but turns out he forgot to put on his shoes!

Because of how little footage there is, it feels more like a sneak preview. Hopefully the rest will show up one day.

Next week I'll be on vacation and not at home, so there will likely be no Charley Chase short until the week after.

Offline metaldams

Yeah, I mean, not much to work with here, but it’s a pleasant few minutes.  Apparently this fragment showed up about fifteen years ago and is the final third of the film.  Homok pretty much nailed it and with what’s missing, the entire premise involves Charley forgetting things and building gags and situations off that.  Sounds promising.

You’re getting a little break but when you come back from your vacation, the next short is a good one!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Bunionhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
I'll be so bold as to say that Charley Chase is my favorite comedian!  This was a harmless way to spend to three minutes, and there's enough there to feel like a little 3 minute short used as filler.  There's a nice little touch there when Charley's leaving the bedroom: he turns on the light.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Umbrella Sam

Judging from the footage that exists, the title, and the IMDb description, this seems to be an early version of THE MIND NEEDER...and if that’s the case, then it’s a shame the majority is missing, because I really enjoy THE MIND NEEDER. What exists is OK; nothing particularly special, but we also don’t know what was building up to it, so it’s hard to judge. At least we can kind of follow the plot based on what exists and, hey, knowing how many silent films are lost, it is amazing any part of it exists at all.
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com