Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Moe's daughter, Joan Howard Maurer, dead at 94

Offline falsealarms

Some sad news in the Stooge world making the rounds on Facebook...

Moe's daughter, Joan Howard Maurer, passed away peacefully on Sept. 21. She was 94 years old.

In addition to being Moe's daughter and a supporting player (POP GOES THE EASEL), Joan's best legacy might be being a champion of the Stooges for decades after her dad's passing.

In addition to several books about her famous family, she (and her brother Paul) were regular attendees at various Stooge conventions/fan club meetings for decades. They helped carry on memory of the Stooges long after the Stooges themselves could.

It's safe to say she was a big part of the Stooge universe and will be missed by a lot of fans who came in contact with her over the years.

Offline metaldams

My deepest condolences to all the family and friends of her’s who may read this. 

She definitely did what she could to keep her Dad’s and uncle’s legacies alive.  Time to dig out some old Stooge books of her’s - may she Rest In Peace.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Umbrella Sam

So sad to hear. May she Rest In Peace.
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline Allen Champion

RIP, and thank you Joan!  I'm sorry I never got to tell you how excited I was back in 1982 when I beheld The Three Stooges Scrapbook on the shelf at my local Waldenbooks. 

Say hello to Uncle Mortimer for me!
"What do you know of the blood, sweat and toil of a theatrical production? Of the dedication of the men and the women in the noblest profession of them all?"

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
Well this is truly quite the sad news indeed.  She did a lot for her dad's legacy; Lord knows if anything she loved her father.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Kopfy2013

I had the same experience as Grapehead had ... so happy to see a Stooge book authored by her in my local bookstore .... I was fortunate to meet her a few times ... great champion for the stooges ... well written summary FalseAlarms.

Offline Tony Bensley

Just seeing this news now, but I'm so sorry to hear about Joan Howard Maurer's passing! May she Rest in Peace! :(