Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

What are you watching on TV or the internet?

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Fox NFL pregame, before I flip to Colts/Dolphins on CBS... 
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

White Sox vs. Astros
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

World Series, Game 6...

Offline HomokHarcos

The final chapter of Columbia's "Batman" serial.

Did you ever watch the 1949 serial? I thought it was much better than the 1943 one.

Offline Dr. Mabuse

Did you ever watch the 1949 serial? I thought it was much better than the 1943 one.

Directed with atmospheric flair by Lambert Hillyer, the politically incorrect "Batman" (1943) remains among Columbia's better chapterplays. Though lacking the solid production values and crisp pacing of the Republic serials, the studio was more faithful in adapting comic-book heroics to the big screen. Hillyer keeps the proceedings moving at a good clip — regardless of flubbed lines or continuity errors. (When Batman loses his cape during a fight scene, keep shooting and ask questions later.) Relatively uncut, the Caped Crusader's film debut is worth seeing.

Unfortunately, "Batman and Robin" (1949) is not among the great serials. With producer Sam Katzman at the helm, it's bargain-basement all the way — right down to the cheap costumes and poor excuse for a Batmobile. Despite low-budget shortcomings, there's plenty of hokey fun as Batman and Robin face one contrived cliffhanger after another. The mysterious Wizard makes for an interesting villain, since he never appeared in the comic books. Robert Lowery does a good job as Batman (somehow, his stuntman has the better costume), but John Duncan's Boy Wonder looks like a juvenile delinquent. It's nice to see Lyle Talbot as Commissioner Gordon, even though he has a tendency to activate the Bat Signal in broad daylight. Flaws and all, "Batman and Robin" is a guilty pleasure.

Offline HomokHarcos

The 1943 serial is very politically incorrect. What I think that serial did well is they made the fights interesting. Instead of Batman beating the tar out of his opponents the fights were pretty competitive. Sometimes he got knocked out, other times Robin had to save him.

I thought the 1949 serial was very fun. The Wizard was a pretty smart villain, even outsmarting Batman among the way. It also has a suburban setting. Instead of living in a mansion Bruce Wayne lives in a random house on a street.

Offline Dr. Mabuse

Instead of living in a mansion, Bruce Wayne lives in a random house on a street.

In Chapter 10 at the 7:03 mark, Batman and Robin drive up to the Wayne house in broad daylight — followed by a dissolve to the Bat Cave.

Hilarious.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

AEW Dynamite on TBS....

Offline HomokHarcos

AEW Dynamite on TBS....
If I didn’t work nights, I think I might be watching wrestling again. The scene seems to be much better now than the mid 2000s to early 2010s.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I'm watching the stooges on MeTv, and I love how whenever they do show a Besser episode, they always cut it down to 5 minutes. It also makes for a perfect opportunity to go to the bathroom or kitchen while it's airing....   :laugh:

Offline Dr. Mabuse

I'm watching the stooges on MeTv, and I love how whenever they do show a Besser episode, they always cut it down to 5 minutes. It also makes for a perfect opportunity to go to the bathroom or kitchen while it's airing....   :laugh:

Five minutes is still too long.    :laugh: