Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Laurel and Hardy and The Three Stooges both appeared in Scooby-Doo episodes

Offline HomokHarcos

By the point they appeared Laurel and Hardy were dead for years and The Three Stooges were not voiced by the real actors.

Offline Umbrella Sam

Just noticed this thread and a thought occurred to me. Does anyone know why at least Moe and Curly Joe didn’t provide their voices for these appearances? I know Larry’s speech was affected by his stroke, but judging from what’s quoted in THE THREE STOOGES SCRAPBOOK, it sounds like he really wanted to be a part of it and I would have imagined Moe and Curly Joe would have wanted to as well.
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline HomokHarcos

Just noticed this thread and a thought occurred to me. Does anyone know why at least Moe and Curly Joe didn’t provide their voices for these appearances? I know Larry’s speech was affected by his stroke, but judging from what’s quoted in THE THREE STOOGES SCRAPBOOK, it sounds like he really wanted to be a part of it and I would have imagined Moe and Curly Joe would have wanted to as well.
I'm not sure, I didn't understand it either. If they were going to have someone else do the voices they should have put Curly instead of Curly Joe.

I found out that Joe Besser actually did voice a character on the show.

Offline Umbrella Sam

I'm not sure, I didn't understand it either. If they were going to have someone else do the voices they should have put Curly instead of Curly Joe.

I found out that Joe Besser actually did voice a character on the show.

Besser kind of had a late career resurgence as a voice actor. In THE NEW SCOOBY DOO MOVIES, he voiced Babu in “Mystery in Persia” (as that was a crossover with the JEANNIE cartoon series). I also personally believe he voiced the villain at the end of “The Weird Winds of Winona”, but have never found a source for it (it doesn’t help that Hanna-Barbera at the time was not crediting voice actors with what roles they played).

After rereading that quote in THE THREE STOOGES SCRAPBOOK, it seems that Larry implied that the Stooges weren’t allowed to voice their characters, which makes no sense to me. They clearly had to allow their likenesses to be used for the episodes, so couldn’t they have made it a stipulation that they had to voice the characters?
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com