Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Copyrights

Offline ProfessorStooge

If I was gonna write a book and put Three Stooges photos in it, who do I contact for permission and how much will it cost?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 10:06:16 PM by ProfessorStooge »

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
You would need to contact the owners of the images you want to use. As far as price goes, it depends on what they would want to charge.

I was about to consider the Fair Use Act, but that would not work because you would be trying to make a profit.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
You'd need to contact Comedy III about the licensing.  I think their web site is www.c3entertainment.com, but you can definitely find the contact info through threestooges.com.  (I'm at work right now, and those site's are blocked, so I can't give you the correct link.)

Offline 3Stooges

Are there such things as public domain Stooge photos? Like that "Golf with your friends" one from THREE LITTLE BEERS that you see EVERYWHERE.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Well, Comedy III's corporte site (c3entertainment.com) seems to be down but the contact page on threestooges.com has the info you need:

Licensing Info
For the licensing of The Three Stooges, please contact licensing@threestooges.com.

Offline ProfessorStooge

Something I left out I think you will find interesting as well as tedious: I plan on doing all the book production myself. That is, I will write all the text, do all photo selections and layouts, design the front and back cover, obtain the ISBN and bind every copy and sell it thru a website I will set up.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I wish you the best of luck, Prof. That's a quite a task your taking on, and you've got plenty of competition.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

CURLYFAN

Hi ProfessorStooge, I wish you the best of luck with your book and can you please keep us posted as you work on your book and let us know when it is completed ??

I am sure there are people on this site who might be interested in buying a copy or 2.