Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2021 MLB Thread...

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Pujols getting released by the Angels, a sad ending to a Hall of Fame career; like Willie Mays with the Mets or Pedro Martinez ending with the Phillies....
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

6 no-hitters in baseball & it's not even June. Of course, I don't have a problem with it--pitching dominating the game is a good thing in my book...

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Moose Malloy

I would MUCH rather watch a 10-9 game than a no-no. That's like a tennis match with all aces and no rallies. A repetitive crashing bore of fail  >:(

Offline metaldams

Offline Shemp_Diesel

It's going to be a very good race this year for NL Cy Young. I haven't watched any of their games yet, but Kevin Gausman w/ the Giants might be at the top of the list for challenging deGrom...

Offline metaldams

It's going to be a very good race this year for NL Cy Young. I haven't watched any of their games yet, but Kevin Gausman w/ the Giants might be at the top of the list for challenging deGrom...

DeGrom has a shot at beating Bob Gibson’s 1.12 season ERA at this point.  About a third of the way there though, a lot can still happen.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Heh, who knew the Yanks would be the tonic for an ailing Mets offense. One more game to go tonight before we can pull off the sweep...   :D

Offline metaldams

Heh, who knew the Yanks would be the tonic for an ailing Mets offense. One more game to go tonight before we can pull off the sweep...   :D

Chapman just had a similar implosion against the Angels.  Between him and Cole, maybe it’s just pure coincidence, but their recent struggles have coincided with this substance check stuff.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I know I probably said something different earlier in this thread, but the bevy of doubleheaders the Mets have played have me really wishing that the standard 9 inning games will come back next season. That, and no DH in the National League... 

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Bunionhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
I know I probably said something different earlier in this thread, but the bevy of doubleheaders the Mets have played have me really wishing that the standard 9 inning games will come back next season. That, and no DH in the National League...

I wish for the same, but we know we won't get it.  The league's handling of the DH, the doubleheader, and extra-innings are all so annoying.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Paul Pain

• Bunionhead

Offline metaldams

….and I’m happy about the shift thing as well.  I’d be OK with a compromise if they allow a manager one or two plays a game where a shift is allowed for a strategic matter (they were shifting as far back as Ted Williams, at least) - but this every play thing is ridiculous.

My favorite player growing up was Wade Boggs and because of shifts, players like him don’t exist anymore.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Boston owns the Yanks this season...   :)

Offline metaldams

Boston owns the Yanks this season...   :)

So far so good.  They’re 9 - 2!

Don’t want to jinx it.  In 2009, the last year the Yanks won the World Series, Boston started 8 - 0 and ended the season series 9 - 9.  You never know with those bastards.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

A lot of wheeling & dealing at the trade deadline and for the life of me, I don't get the Yankees being "buyers" given that they won't even get a Wild card.

As for my Mets, any help Javy Baez can bring to our woeful offense will be greatly appreciated...   :-\

Offline Shemp_Diesel

The Mets are giving me ulcers at a relatively young age...   [cry]

Offline HomokHarcos

We could end up with a Red Sox-Yankees Wild Card matchup at this rate.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I think I've decided that I'm going to root for the San Francisco Giants when the playoffs start...

Offline metaldams

We could end up with a Red Sox-Yankees Wild Card matchup at this rate.

I’m too old for that.  My heart would give out.

I’m OK with Boston being eliminated by anybody else if they must be eliminated.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Allen Champion

Strange year for my Cubbies.  Way back in June I thought they were going to fight it out with the Brewers for the NL Central, when suddenly they crashed and burned and the 2016 WS Champs were dismantled.  Oh well, hello Lovable Losers again!
"What do you know of the blood, sweat and toil of a theatrical production? Of the dedication of the men and the women in the noblest profession of them all?"

Offline Paul Pain

• Bunionhead
Marlins just suck, suck, suck, but that was a thrilling ending yesterday!
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline HomokHarcos

The Wild Card race is very close in the American League.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I'm just hoping it's the Jays and BoSox who get the Wild Cards...