Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Who's the Actor in "You're Telling Me" (W.C Fields)

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
The scene where Fields and a woman are golfing together, and its the sequence where Fields says, "I have a great golf club I bought in Toronto",  then says to his caddy, "Gimme that Canadian Club".

That sequence contains the actor playing the caddy for the entire sequence, and does a wonderful job at harrassing Fields as he tries to tee off. At first, it kinda looked like Curly, and the movie was released in 1934, so maybe it might be. But, upon second look, it was another wonderful actor.

Who was this guy? I want to see more of him if youz guys can direct me to more with him in it.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline metaldams

The scene where Fields and a woman are golfing together, and its the sequence where Fields says, "I have a great golf club I bought in Toronto",  then says to his caddy, "Gimme that Canadian Club".

That sequence contains the actor playing the caddy for the entire sequence, and does a wonderful job at harrassing Fields as he tries to tee off. At first, it kinda looked like Curly, and the movie was released in 1934, so maybe it might be. But, upon second look, it was another wonderful actor.

Who was this guy? I want to see more of him if youz guys can direct me to more with him in it.

I think you’re talking about Tammany Young, who died way too soon.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tammany_Young

A Fields regular who Fields was devastated when he passed.

YOU’RE TELLING ME is a great film.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Thanks, Metaldams, I was intrigued by this video I saw on YouTube touting the comedy of W.C. Fields, especially citing the ONE line I remember the MOST about him .... "I bought this club in Toronto ... gimme that Canadian Club." There are other lines in that sketch like ... "I have a club I got in India ... gimme that Indian Club."

It may have been comedic genius happening if we got both W.C. Fields and our beloved Stooges in a short subject together. It MAY just MIGHT have been the PERFECT version of "Ted Healy and His Stooges" ... eh?! ... eh? ...
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.