Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Random Funny Videos

metaldams · 212 · 17997

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline metaldams

You know what’s crazy?  Back then, I was in my late teens when this aired.  I thought Miss Elizabeth, while pretty, was also a bit old.  Now, that I’m a year older than she was when she died, I look at her and think she’s gorgeous in this video.  It boggles the mind how age changes one’s view.

Her, Rude and Perfect would be dead not many years after that footage.  Sad.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Doug, I think I've always had a thing for older women--or at least--women I thought who aged well & still looked great as they got older. Just a few names off the top of my head, like Ann Margret, Elizabeth Montgomery, Raquel Welch, Sophia Loren, and certainly Miss Elizabeth was in that category as well.

I was also thinking, it seems the number of tragic deaths in the wrestling business has decreased over the years. At least, I can't remember any recent ones, except for Scott Hall. Although, some might say Scott living to be 63 years of age was pretty good, given how many wrestlers died earlier than that....
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline NoahYoung

About 15 years ago I sat through this film on TCM just to catch the Stooges scene. I found the film to be a bore.
Burt Lancaster was too short!
- The Birdman of Alcatraz

Offline NoahYoung

Offline NoahYoung

There were a few reunions before 1976. Here's another at the 0:55 mark:

Thanks. So the perception that they were mad at each other all that time was hooey, then. I guess Lewis didn't predict youtube, nor did he think anyone would remember these TV shows that were probably aired only once.

It's articles like this that formed that perception for me:

But there they were, Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis, re-united, embracing, and joking onstage for the first time in 20 years, like it was old times.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/09/dean-martin-jerry-lewis-reunion-anniversary

Offline HomokHarcos

So Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis might have been kayfabing the whole thing.

Offline NoahYoung

So Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis might have been kayfabing the whole thing.

Shades of Andy Kaufman and Jerry Lawler the wrestler.

I doubt Martin and Lewis remained best friends, but this evidence certainly shows that it wasn't as bad as the public thought -- at least not at the beginning. And these clips certainly weren't private -- which is in itself interesting.

I last watched a handful of Martin and Lewis movies when I was about 7 or 8. Since then, I've never tuned into one for more than a few minutes. There are a handful of Lewis movies from the early 60s that I liked the last time I saw them, but that's it.  I've always enjoyed his self-aggrandizing interviews over the years -- unintentionally funny.

His career artistically and popularity wise was pretty much kaput within a decade after the break-up. He somehow managed to remain in the public eye and still get work, however.

Offline metaldams

TV performances aside, I never could get 100% on board with the Martin and Lewis train, but as a challenge, I may review one of their films in the coming months.  Let’s see how it goes.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dr. Mabuse

TV performances aside, I never could get 100% on board with the Martin and Lewis train, but as a challenge, I may review one of their films in the coming months.  Let’s see how it goes.

I would consider "Artists and Models" (1955), since it was directed by the imaginative Frank Tashlin. Unlike their final film, Tashlin's "Hollywood or Bust" (1956), the acrimony between Dean and Jerry hadn't fully spilled out into the open.

Offline metaldams

I would consider "Artists and Models" (1955), since it was directed by the imaginative Frank Tashlin. Unlike their final film, Tashlin's "Hollywood or Bust" (1956), the acrimony between Dean and Jerry hadn't fully spilled out into the open.

I could watch it for $3.99 on Amazon Prime, but I have a DVD set with 8 of their films - some of which I haven’t watched yet.  “Artists and Models” isn’t one of them.  “At War with the Army” is public domain and is a contender because anyone on here can watch it, but I may also decide for something on my set.  We’ll see.  There’ll probably be a Martin and Lewis film when I announce my next three.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline GreenCanaries

• President of the Johnny Kascier Fan Club
  • Birdbrain

Offline NoahYoung

I could watch it for $3.99 on Amazon Prime, but I have a DVD set with 8 of their films - some of which I haven’t watched yet.  “Artists and Models” isn’t one of them.  “At War with the Army” is public domain and is a contender because anyone on here can watch it, but I may also decide for something on my set.  We’ll see.  There’ll probably be a Martin and Lewis film when I announce my next three.

ARTISTS AND MODELS has been on my "to watch" list for ages but I still haven't seen it.
Rather than a Martin-Lewis, may I suggest THE BELLBOY, which is an early Lewis solo effort. It is probably his best film -- better than the over-rated THE NUTTY PROFESSOR. At 72 minutes, it pays homage to the great silent comedies.

Offline metaldams

ARTISTS AND MODELS has been on my "to watch" list for ages but I still haven't seen it.
Rather than a Martin-Lewis, may I suggest THE BELLBOY, which is an early Lewis solo effort. It is probably his best film -- better than the over-rated THE NUTTY PROFESSOR. At 72 minutes, it pays homage to the great silent comedies.

I saw THE BELLBOY years ago and it is, by far, my most enjoyable Jerry Lewis experience.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel