Random Funny Videos

metaldams · 212 · 15049

Offline GreenCanaries

• President of the Johnny Kascier Fan Club
  • Birdbrain
A 2016 inductee of the National Film Registry:

"With oranges, it's much harder..."

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Umbrella Sam

Here’s an interesting crossover. The voice of Popeye singing the Looney Tunes theme song:

Should be noted that this is William Costello, the original voice of Popeye. By this point, he was no longer voicing the character, as he had supposedly become too difficult to work with (Jack Mercer ended up taking over the role and voiced him for most of the remaining cartoons). This is probably why Popeye is spelled as “Pop-Eye” on the record, in order to avoid legal action.
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline GreenCanaries

• Birdbrain
Anyone else watch Todd in the Shadows? He's a music reviewer whose videos are a mix of analysis and humor. He has three distinct ongoing series: Pop Song Reviews, where he reviews current pop hits; One Hit Wonderland, where he delves into the lives and careers of one-hit wonders (and why they stayed as such); and Trainwreckords, where he takes a look at infamous albums that killed or derailed artists' careers.

Just today, was pleasantly surprised to see a new Trainwreckords in my subscription feed:

Offline metaldams

Anyone else watch Todd in the Shadows? He's a music reviewer whose videos are a mix of analysis and humor. He has three distinct ongoing series: Pop Song Reviews, where he reviews current pop hits; One Hit Wonderland, where he delves into the lives and careers of one-hit wonders (and why they stayed as such); and Trainwreckords, where he takes a look at infamous albums that killed or derailed artists' careers.

Just today, was pleasantly surprised to see a new Trainwreckords in my subscription feed:

Ha!  Thanks for posting that, I watched the whole thing.  By the time ST. ANGER came out, I was already a 15 year Metallica fan.  Bought it on the day of release and yeah, it’s their worst album.  LULU is a Lou Reed album with Metallica on it and that one I never even bought.

Entertaining video, I think I saw the human side of Hetfield and the band way before this album or the documentary, but maybe I was a hardcore fan club member in the nineties who followed them way closer than the neurotypical Dave Matthews or Creed fan back then.  Maybe too close.  [pie]

18:30 Kirk was right, and Lars and this video maker is wrong.  No guitar solos on this album was completely trendy and in fact, dates this album to the nu metal era.  They were following the Limp Bizkits and Linkin Parks of the world, who not coincidentally, opened for them on that tour.  Screaming profanities at Fred Durst from the crowd may not have been one of my more dignified moments, but at the time, it was fun.

Give this album a tuned snare drum, edit the lengths of the songs,  remix it, re-record some vocal parts, throw in a few guitar solos - somewhere in here lies a good album.  Somewhere deep.  I listen to this thing maybe once or twice a year and whenever a good riff or idea happens, a few minutes of white noise follows.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline GreenCanaries

• Birdbrain

Offline metaldams

This is years ago, keep in mind.  When Ralph Nader was running, he was complaining how the Washington newspapers never covered his election.  Their response was he had no chance.  Nader said, and I paraphrase - Neither do The Washington Nationals and you cover them.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline metaldams

Alex Lifeson’s speech is one of the two great comedic induction speeches for the RNR Hall of Fame.  Rick Wakeman of Yes, linked below, is the other.

Ironic in that Rush inducted Yes and Geddy played bass for them that night in place of the late and great Chris Squire.  The fact the hall took that long to induct a no brainer induction like Yes after Chris Squire passed is a disgrace.  The video below, however, is a riot.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

A legit trailer for THE UNCANNY (1977).  The more cats they show, the funnier it gets.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline GreenCanaries

• Birdbrain

Offline Shemp_Diesel

One of my "old school" favorites, the great Reverend Slick...

Offline metaldams

Good old Gwar.  He passed away very shortly after that video was made, sadly.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Before political correctness took over wrestling heels.  Mean Gene’s reaction is priceless.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Legendary YouTube video, another priceless reaction.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline GreenCanaries

• Birdbrain
I never watched wrestling growing up, so I'm not as knowledgeable as the rest of you guys, but here's a classic moment I know of thanks to an old Opie & Anthony clip (where I think they also played that Booker-T clip 'dams posted above)...

Offline metaldams

I never watched wrestling growing up, so I'm not as knowledgeable as the rest of you guys, but here's a classic moment I know of thanks to an old Opie & Anthony clip (where I think they also played that Booker-T clip 'dams posted above)...

I watched that on live television as it happened.  Classic moment.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Hilariously cheesy video.  The guy opening the video is the same guy who played Itchy Kitchy in THE THREE STOOGES GO AROUND THE WORLD IN A DAZE.

“There’s no Hulkamaniacs here!”  “It’s not hot.”
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I believe that Shockmaster video falls into the category of "Wrestlecrap" for us hardcore fans of the sport. Comparable to when Sting met RoboCop...   :laugh: