Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Guess the supporting actress

metaldams · 109 · 23540

Offline metaldams

Y’know, I may be mistaken.  Here’s the website I got the picture where the article states Margaret Dumont.  Then in the comment section below, someone states it’s Sylvia Sidney, who Green Canaries said.  Here’s the article.

http://yargb.blogspot.com/2012/09/stratfor-and-margaret-dumont.html
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Moose Malloy

Y’know, I may be mistaken.  Here’s the website I got the picture where the article states Margaret Dumont.  Then in the comment section below, someone states it’s Sylvia Sidney, who Green Canaries said.  Here’s the article.

http://yargb.blogspot.com/2012/09/stratfor-and-margaret-dumont.html

After seeing a larger picture of her I can see that it's not Miss Crabtree or Dumont, so I did some further picture hunting and came up with this one...

I was fairly shocked (and dubious) that this stunner could be Ms. Dumont and I had no clue who this chick was! I paused my search to watch TCM as THE MALTESE FALCON was coming on.  When I resumed the search I found that THIS woman was actually...

Mary Astor

I'm not familiar enough with Sylvia Sidney to validate Canary's hunch, but I'll go with it! BTW I wonder why in the hell Astor cut and plastered down those great tresses  :-\

Offline metaldams

Margaret Dumont, in my opinion anyway, was not a homely woman.  She was just a little older by the time she got into films.  I can totally see her being attractive in her twenties and thirties.

The other day I watched THE COCOANUTS and for the first time thought she was fairly attractive in her own way.  Then I did the math and figured out that version of Margaret Dumont is only five years older than me!

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Moose Malloy

Margaret Dumont, in my opinion anyway, was not a homely woman.  She was just a little older by the time she got into films.  I can totally see her being attractive in her twenties and thirties.

The other day I watched THE COCOANUTS and for the first time thought she was fairly attractive in her own way.  Then I did the math and figured out that version of Margaret Dumont is only five years older than me!

Hardly homely...a handsome woman in her day

(if a tad flat chested) She appears to be about 30 here

Offline HomokHarcos

Who is this famous actress that appears right in this picture with Billy Bevan in a Mack Sennett comedy?

Offline metaldams

Who is this famous actress that appears right in this picture with Billy Bevan in a Mack Sennett comedy?

I’m going to guess Carole Lombard.  I know she started out at Sennett.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline HomokHarcos

I’m going to guess Carole Lombard.  I know she started out at Sennett.
Yes!

I also love this picture I found that seems to be during her Sennett years.

Offline Moose Malloy

Yes!

I also love this picture I found that seems to be during her Sennett years.

[/quote 
Lombard ?  Are you sure?   ???