Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Re: Review of the complete Three Stooges set from Ebay.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
He also has another nice item that I haven't seen before- "The Complete 65 episode F-Troop in chronological order from 1-65 on 13 disc's".  http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/auction/91976347?aucview=0x30

"It is bal-loon!"  I loved that show as a kid.  Anytime I hear the name I immediately think of Frank DeKova (Chief Wild Eagle) yelling that line.   ;D

Here's an interesting bit of F-Troop trivia I noticed recently:
Quote from: IMDb.com
[Melody Patterson a]pparently auditioned for "F Troop" on a lark. She was perhaps all of 16, and kept her age from her auditioners. When she had secured the part, she told them her age. Their shock and consternation were ameliorated shortly thereafter by her maturity and professionalism.
I certainly hope this apparent trend of releasing complete sets in chronological order continues to grow.

September 27, Warner Brothers is releasing a 6-episode F-TROOP sampler DVD.  F-TROOP is one of its new "Television Sampler" series, testing the market for a series' popularity.

9/27 will also have 3-episode discs  of  CHEYENNE, MAVERICK, and a 6-episode CHICO AND THE MAN.  WB is marketing these four discs to test PC (American-Indian and Hispanic) sensitivities, before committing to season sets.

In the past couple months, I've had opportunity to discuss WB's market strategy with Clint Walker (Cheyenne), Larry Storch (Cpl. Agarn) and Jim Hampton (Cpl. Dobbs).  I think WB would be better off listening to them, and less to the marketing execs.

Pilsner Panther

I don't remember this show from when it was originally broadcast, but it did appear in syndication later on, and I saw almost the whole run and laughed my ass off! The lead actors were all hilarious, especially Larry Storch, Ken Berry, and Forrest Tucker (who reputedly had the largest schlong in Hollywood at the time, except maybe for Milton Berle's).

Six years ago, I did an interview with Larry Storch for a San Francisco "alternative" newspaper, but it didn't get published, probably because the Chronicle's reporter got to him first. Even so, it was great to meet Mr. Storch and to get to talk with him for about half an hour. He was amazingly energetic for a man who was about 70 at the time, and I hope he's still going strong.

What I didn't remember about "F Troop" was that the great Edward Everett Horton had played an Indian! This was around the same time that he was doing the narration for the immortal "Fractured Fairy Tales" on the Rocky & Bullwinkle Show.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
What I didn't remember about "F Troop" was that the great Edward Everett Horton had played an Indian! This was around the same time that he was doing the narration for the immortal "Fractured Fairy Tales" on the Rocky & Bullwinkle Show.
Roaring Chicken, the Hekawi "medicine man"!  I had completely forgotten about that until you mentioned it.   [rotflmao]

Offline Themescules

These are the DVD sets coming out that Brent was talking about.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3559

One of the episodes that will be on the F-Troop DVD coming out will be "The Return of Bald Eagle" which has Don Rickles playing wild eagles Kooky son, that one was funny, another of the episodes on that DVD is "The Singing Mountie" which was the first Color episode # 35 and starring Paul Lynde as The Singing Mountie. Both real classics.
Don’t you Dare Hit me in the Head; You know I’m not NORMAL!!! Curly-Loco Boy Makes Good & Dizzy Pilots.