Film & Shorts Discussions > Random Comedy Reviews

The Dentist (1932) - W.C. Fields

<< < (3/3)

metaldams:
I really need to check out those Leon Errol shorts and I have heard of Dorothy Granger’s role in them.  She was also in some Stooge shorts and started at Roach in addition to Bud and Lou you mentioned much later.  Yeah, she was a comedy lifer.

HomokHarcos:

--- Quote from: metaldams on February 11, 2022, 05:35:07 AM ---I really need to check out those Leon Errol shorts and I have heard of Dorothy Granger’s role in them.  She was also in some Stooge shorts and started at Roach in addition to Bud and Lou you mentioned much later.  Yeah, she was a comedy lifer.

--- End quote ---
I too was hoping to watch the Edgar Kennedy and Leon Errol series eventually. Maybe also Joe McDoakes.

NoahYoung:
Dorothy Granger was still gorgeous in the 50s in THE A&C SHOW.
She's great in 2 Charley Chase shorts I've seen many times: LOOSER THAN LOOSE and THE PIP FROM PITTSBURGH.
According to THE LAUREL & HARDY ENCYCLOPEDIA, by Glenn Mitchell, (written while she was still living, the entry on her only gives a birth year, but she died in January 1995, shortly before it was published), she was in at least 6 Chase shorts. It says she had an 8mm copy of THE LAUREL-HARDY MURDER CASE in which she appeared, and that she appeared in all the foreign-language versions of that film, too.

I've seen 5 or less Leon Errol shorts -- I don't think any of them had Dorothy Granger. I would definitely like to see more.
I enjoyed him in HER MAJESTY LOVE, NEVER GIVE A SUCKER AN EVEN BREAK (both with W.C. Fields), as well as THE NOOSE HANGS HIGH (Abbott and Costello).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version