Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Mack Sennett's Racing Fiat

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
I have yet to find a photo, but I will try.

Dave Lewis was an extremely famous auto racer in the 1910s and 1920s, winning many races for Fiat, Stutz, and Duesenberg.  As I was working on my American motorsport history hobby, I discovered something astounding in multiple races across 1913 and 1914.  In many California races, I found Dave Lewis entered in a Fiat, with owner Mack Sennett!  Lewis did well enough, but didn't win.  I know Mack loved his car scenes in films, but I had no idea he was that much of a gearhead.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

I’m not the world’s biggest car or racing guy, but I’m not surprised of Sennett’s interest.  I imagine if you’re a car guy you know Barney Oldfield.  He starred in a Sennett film.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
I’m not the world’s biggest car or racing guy, but I’m not surprised of Sennett’s interest.  I imagine if you’re a car guy you know Barney Oldfield.  He starred in a Sennett film.

Well, talk about beating me to the punch.  I was planning on throwing in a special extra review for this little nugget in between the regular Langdon weekly reviews.
#1 fire kibitzer