Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2020 MLB Thread...

Offline HomokHarcos

I find myself wanting the Tampa Rays to go the distance and win the World Series...   ::)
Tampa Bay are looking like the best team right now. Normally I wouldn't care for the Dodgers, but after 2017 I feel like they deserve a World Series victory.

Offline metaldams

All I know is my Aunt, who lives in Florida, is as fanatical about The Braves as I am the Red Sox.  If this were a normal year, I promise she’d attend every game if it were Atlanta vs. Tampa Bay.

For me, anyone but Houston.  The idea of a sub .500 team winning the World Series would punctuate further what a joke this season is.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I agree about Houston & hopefully this expanded playoff format will be a "one and done" and next season go back to the better 10 team playoff...
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Bunionhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
I have a feeling every change MLB introduced this year will remain.  Universal DH will stick, expanded playoffs will remain, and they will remove the ability for position players to pitch.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Bunionhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
On a different, has anyone here noticed the new Hyundai (I think) commercial?  It starts with a man on a clock tower like Harold Lloyd in SAFETY LAST, shows him saving a girl tied to the train tracks like Barney Oldfield, and then has a barn fall around him like Buster Keaton in STEAMBOAT BILL, JR.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Not the greatest Series in the world from a starting pitching standpoint & probably more of the same tonight, but the games have been close & 4 was epic with the misfire at homeplate. I'll pull for a Game 7...
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline metaldams

Not the greatest Series in the world from a starting pitching standpoint & probably more of the same tonight, but the games have been close & 4 was epic with the misfire at homeplate. I'll pull for a Game 7...

Starting pitching in general is going down the tubes in baseball.  These are becoming more bullpen games and it’s a trend I don’t like.

That being said, I’m glad Kershaw has had two good games.  He’s way too damn good not to have a signature series until now.  The series has been great so far and I too hope this goes to game seven.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline HomokHarcos

One of the things I dislike about living in the Eastern Time Zone is that the games end at around midnight. I'm hoping the Dodgers win, because I feel like they got robbed of a World Series victory ever since the truth about the Astros came out. That is disappointing because 2017 was my favorite World Series I ever watched and was cheering for Houston.

Offline metaldams

One of the things I dislike about living in the Eastern Time Zone is that the games end at around midnight. I'm hoping the Dodgers win, because I feel like they got robbed of a World Series victory ever since the truth about the Astros came out. That is disappointing because 2017 was my favorite World Series I ever watched and was cheering for Houston.

I’m east coast too.  I hate this season with a passion, but one of the few good things is us east coast fans were spared from was west coast games - usually when your team gets shut out because of jet lag and those pitcher friendly parks.  Those games would end 1:30 in the morning.

Pre internet days and 13 channel cable, when I was a kid and looked at results in the paper, the games would end too late to print in the next morning’s paper and I had to wait the next day to know the results.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline HomokHarcos

I%u2019m east coast too.  I hate this season with a passion, but one of the few good things is us east coast fans were spared from was west coast games - usually when your team gets shut out because of jet lag and those pitcher friendly parks.  Those games would end 1:30 in the morning.

Pre internet days and 13 channel cable, when I was a kid and looked at results in the paper, the games would end too late to print in the next morning%u2019s paper and I had to wait the next day to know the results.

This season is just so much shorter than the previous ones, by like 100 games that it doesn't seem right, hopefully the schedule will be back to normal next year (although crowds will probably not be back).

As someone who grew up in the internet age, I like hearing stories of what is like before that. My uncle is a heavy metal fan and he was telling me that during the 1980s he had to get metal magazines to find out when a band was releasing a new album. That would be annoying not knowing who won until over a day after the game ended.

Offline metaldams

This season is just so much shorter than the previous ones, by like 100 games that it doesn't seem right, hopefully the schedule will be back to normal next year (although crowds will probably not be back).

As someone who grew up in the internet age, I like hearing stories of what is like before that. My uncle is a heavy metal fan and he was telling me that during the 1980s he had to get metal magazines to find out when a band was releasing a new album. That would be annoying not knowing who won until over a day after the game ended.

Metal Edge, Metal Maniacs, Circus, Hit Parader - yup.  I got those as well back in the day.  Today you just stream a new album, back in the day you had to go to the store on whatever Tuesday it was released.  Yup, the old days. 😂
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Congrats to The Dodgers.  Glad they finally pulled it off.  32 years is too long.  Props to Dave Roberts, Mookie, Joe Kelly and the rest of them.

....and taking out Blake Snell?  Him mouthing “fuck” as he left the mound sums up my feelings on it.  Sometimes the starter needs to continue, the old school fan in me hates that stuff.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I haven't seen the morning talk shows yet, but I assume taking out Blake Snell that early will be the point of contention for Rays fans...