Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Upcoming review schedule plus your suggestions

Offline metaldams

Back to Bud and Lou every other week in November.  Doing some B type films in October, I thought a long overdue A is needed for balance.

Week of 11/13 City Lights (1931) - Charlie Chaplin
Week of 11/27 Mabel’s Dramatic Career (1913) - Normand/Sennett/Sterling/Arbuckle
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline HomokHarcos

Had a very rough week, wasn't in the mood to watch anything. I feel better now, though!

Offline metaldams

Slight change of plans.  I will not be reviewing THE GORILLA this weekend.  I have an out of state wedding to go to on Saturday and frankly don’t feel like spending what little free time I have watching and reviewing an hour feature that is not all that great. 

I will be commenting on Paul’s Langdon short tomorrow and on Sunday, I will be reviewing something a little off the beaten path.  This will not be the direction the reviews will be taking, but just something a little different to keep things fresh.  You’ll see what it is on Sunday and I think you guys will be amused.

As for the November schedule, I’m totally fine with that.  Looking forward to getting back into Bud and Lou and a CITY LIGHTS and early Keystone review is long overdue.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

I will no longer be doing reviews weekly, though most weeks there’ll still be reviews.  I just don’t want to be on a fixed schedule anymore and with work, friends and visiting family, I just sometimes need more free alone time and having one less thing scheduled in my life. 

That said, that Keystone short should be reviewed tomorrow as I’m really looking forward to it and I have an inspiration to do a certain one reel early sound comedy in the near future.  Bud and Lou will also continue but at a more leisurely pace.  Basically, the reviews will be whenever the spirit moves me.  Some weeks no reviews, some weeks one, the occasional week two or more reviews.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline HomokHarcos

I haven't checked to see where we left us, but I was going to go through Wheeler and Woolsey, however, I think I might do it ocassionally instead of following a weekly schedule like before.

Offline metaldams

I haven't checked to see where we left us, but I was going to go through Wheeler and Woolsey, however, I think I might do it ocassionally instead of following a weekly schedule like before.

Take your time.  After reviewing films for ten years, I’ve been taking a break too.  I will be diving back in soon, the old comedy bug is slowly coming back.  I should hopefully come back fresher.

I have all the Wheeler and Woolsey films, so I’ll pitch in when I’m up to it.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline HomokHarcos

Take your time.  After reviewing films for ten years, I’ve been taking a break too.  I will be diving back in soon, the old comedy bug is slowly coming back.  I should hopefully come back fresher.

I have all the Wheeler and Woolsey films, so I’ll pitch in when I’m up to it.
I’ve been reading about Wheeler and Woolsey, and they were the 2nd biggest moneymaker comedy team during the early 1930s, behind only Laurel and Hardy and ahead of the Marx Brothers (though the Marx Brothers films were higher budget, which may have played a role in that).

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
It's going to take a lot to convince me that there aren't snitches monitoring this forum.  The account that posted all of those fantastic Columbia shorts already got terminated, and with it terminated today's review of A NAG IN THE BAG.
#1 fire kibitzer

Offline metaldams

It's going to take a lot to convince me that there aren't snitches monitoring this forum.  The account that posted all of those fantastic Columbia shorts already got terminated, and with it terminated today's review of A NAG IN THE BAG.

That sucks.  It is very possible someone at Sony is looking at this board and noticing Columbia shorts getting posted. 

Silent comedy shorts are actually a safer bet.  As of now, everything up to and including 1927 is public domain and starting January 1, 1928 will also be public domain.  The public domain expires each year going a year ahead so the early thirties should be easier in a few years time.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline HomokHarcos

I'm going to be aiming for a Wheeler and Woolsey film per month to review, and of course at some point I have to watch Zenobia, as I've never seen it before.