Film & Shorts Discussions > Random Comedy Reviews

Upcoming review schedule plus your suggestions

<< < (15/18) > >>

Freddie Sanborn:
If there’s a place on the internet that offers more thoughtful, insightful reviews of classic comedy, both well-known and obscure, I haven’t found it yet.

metaldams:

--- Quote from: Freddie Sanborn on August 19, 2022, 12:18:34 PM ---If there’s a place on the internet that offers more thoughtful, insightful reviews of classic comedy, both well-known and obscure, I haven’t found it yet.

--- End quote ---

Thanks….and if you do find it, let me know!  [pie]

I genuinely appreciate the compliment.  We’ll see how thoughtful I can be with Martin and Lewis and a film I haven’t seen before.  Admittedly a hair out of my wheelhouse.

metaldams:
Here are the remainder of the October reviews, all horror/sci-fi elements.  We’ll resume Bud and Lou in November.

Week of 10/9: The Tin Man (1935) - Todd and Kelly *
Week of 10/16: Master Minds (1949) - The Bowery Boys, Glenn Strange **
Week of 10/23: Shivering Spooks (1926) - Our Gang ***
Week of 10/30: The Gorilla (1939) - The Ritz Brothers, Bela Lugosi, Patsy Kelly, Lionel Atwill ****

I’m trying to branch out from YouTube because it opens up my reviewing options.

*Not available online as far as I know, but I believe some of you have DVD copies.
** Available on the streaming service Tubi, which if you don’t have I highly recommend because there are a ton of movies
***On YouTube, but I’ve never seen this short myself, so I’m taking a quality risk.  Usually I at least have a good DVD copy for myself, but not here.
**** Public domain and can be viewed on YouTube or a zillion other places.

HomokHarcos:
I'm going to be covering the Harry Langdon Roach shorts next, and after that I'll hopefully continue Charley Chase with Wheeler and Woolsey sprinkled in.

metaldams:

--- Quote from: HomokHarcos on October 14, 2022, 06:42:22 PM ---I'm going to be covering the Harry Langdon Roach shorts next, and after that I'll hopefully continue Charley Chase with Wheeler and Woolsey sprinkled in.

--- End quote ---

Nice!

The Todd and Kelly short is tomorrow and there may be a bonus the last week of October - it’s a PTO week and I’ll have more time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version