Film & Shorts Discussions > Random Comedy Reviews

Upcoming review schedule plus your suggestions

<< < (12/18) > >>

metaldams:
I’m curious if Homok is going to conjure up any MGM distributed Chase silents.  That small window of Chase’s filmography is unfortunately by far what I’m least familiar with.

Freddie Sanborn:
Not much from this period survives, but Limousine Love and Movie Night are masterpieces. To me the most tragic loss in film comedy history isn’t Hats Off or Heart Trouble. It’s Chase’s late MGM silents.

metaldams:

--- Quote from: Freddie Sanborn on April 28, 2022, 11:04:25 AM ---Not much from this period survives, but Limousine Love and Movie Night are masterpieces. To me the most tragic loss in film comedy history isn’t Hats Off or Heart Trouble. It’s Chase’s late MGM silents.

--- End quote ---

I saw bits of Limousine Love on TV years ago and loved it.  It must have been an airing of 4 Clowns.  I  see it’s on YouTube, I’ll try to watch it tonight.

Freddie Sanborn:
Is it Moronika policy to only review films that are online ,so others can watch them?

metaldams:

--- Quote from: Freddie Sanborn on April 28, 2022, 03:47:38 PM ---Is it Moronika policy to only review films that are online ,so others can watch them?

--- End quote ---

Policy?  No.  In practice, especially as of late, we try to.  I have reviewed films in the past that are not online, (see Marx Brothers, Abbott and Costello), but with a lot of the posters here, I’m not sure of their physical media collections. Four of these guys responding are in their twenties, which is great for the future, but they’re a few years into this and can tell you their collections better than I.  Actually, I’d be curious myself.

As for me, I have been collecting for a little over twenty years and have a pretty big DVD and blu ray collection of silent and early talkie comedy. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version