Film & Shorts Discussions > Random Comedy Reviews

Upcoming review schedule plus your suggestions

<< < (2/18) > >>

Dr. Mabuse:
I had no problem with this "Soup to Nuts" link.

https://ok.ru/video/292377987726

GreenCanaries:

--- Quote from: metaldams on February 17, 2020, 05:57:54 PM ---If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know, whether it be comedians or films.  I’m curious as to what you all would like to see reviewed.

--- End quote ---

What about Larry Semon? Would be particularly interested in reading a metaldams review of his... erm... "unique" take on THE WIZARD OF OZ...

metaldams:
 [3stooges]
--- Quote from: GreenCanaries on February 17, 2020, 11:46:05 PM ---What about Larry Semon? Would be particularly interested in reading a metaldams review of his... erm... "unique" take on THE WIZARD OF OZ...

--- End quote ---

Thanks GreenCanaries.  I was thinking about doing Larry Semon in May or one of these summer months and THE WIZARD OF OZ did come to mind.  I’ll now review that one in May.  I’ll also get to a few of his shorts at some point as well.

metaldams:
I’ve got May figured out.  Hope you guys find this list interesting,  I’m looking forward to it.

THE WIZARD OF OZ (1925) - Larry Semon with Oliver Hardy as The Tin Man (and what’s linked below is easily the best print and score) 5/1

ROCKIN’ IN THE ROCKIES (1945) - The Three Stooges 5/8

IT’S A GIFT (1934) - W.C. Fields 5/15

MIGHTY LIKE A MOOSE (1926) - Charley Chase 5/22

COMIN’ ROUND THE MOUNTAIN (1951) - Abbott and Costello - 5/29

metaldams:
If anybody has further suggestions, please let me know.  I think you guys have figured out I’m doing Abbott and Costello once a month until I’m done. I’m also switching in a monthly cycle between Chaplin, Fields, Lloyd and Langdon - the four I’m most interested in discussing.  I’m trying to get Stooge related stuff once a month as well. Those pre team Laurel and Hardy films I glanced over in that one thread are possibilities for proper reviews now. October will be horror comedies and I think I know the five I’m doing.

Any further suggestions from you guys?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version