Film & Shorts Discussions > Random Comedy Reviews

Upcoming review schedule plus your suggestions

<< < (6/18) > >>

metaldams:

--- Quote from: HomokHarcos on October 08, 2020, 12:15:33 PM ---I'd like to see reviews of Harry Langdon's feature films. In my opinion they rank up there with the three geniuses.

--- End quote ---

Welcome to the board.  I’ll throw in a Langdon feature review by the end of the month.  I’m a big fan for sure.

Paul Pain:

--- Quote from: metaldams on October 08, 2020, 01:35:02 PM ---Welcome to the board.  I’ll throw in a Langdon feature review by the end of the month.  I’m a big fan for sure.

--- End quote ---

After the next 2-4 shorts, I will likely tackle Langdon's Columbia shorts (18 available shorts in all).

metaldams:

--- Quote from: Paul Pain on October 08, 2020, 07:49:44 PM ---After the next 2-4 shorts, I will likely tackle Langdon's Columbia shorts (18 available shorts in all).

--- End quote ---

Excellent!  Unlike the Chase shorts, I’ve only seen a few of the Langdon Columbias.  I own copies of all the extant silent stuff, though.

I’m leaning on reviewing TRAMP, TRAMP, TRAMP in the next two or three weeks.  In addition to Langdon, a young Joan Crawford is the leading lady.

Paul Pain:

--- Quote from: metaldams on October 08, 2020, 08:16:09 PM ---Excellent!  Unlike the Chase shorts, I’ve only seen a few of the Langdon Columbias.  I own copies of all the extant silent stuff, though.

I’m leaning on reviewing TRAMP, TRAMP, TRAMP in the next two or three weeks.  In addition to Langdon, a young Joan Crawford is the leading lady.

--- End quote ---

I have seen two and got a chuckle out of them... hopefully we get one particular short around the right time of year...if not I will go out of order  >:D

HomokHarcos:

--- Quote from: Paul Pain on October 08, 2020, 07:49:44 PM ---After the next 2-4 shorts, I will likely tackle Langdon's Columbia shorts (18 available shorts in all).

--- End quote ---
I'm looking forward to that. I haven't yet seen Langdon's short films (only his features), but I plan on going through his silent shorts once I finish watching the Our Gang silents.
Is 18 the amount of shorts you have available, or are some of the Columbia films lost?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version