Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

New Three Stooges Message Board Found

Offline stoogesarepimp

One of my friends told me about this new three stooges site.  It's located at http://stoogesboards.proboards55.com/index.cgi
Go view my friends Three Stooges message board at http://stoogesboards.proboards55.com/index.cgi

CURLYFAN

Must be a new site because there aren't many posts and there isn't to much to it, but I guess you got to start somewhere, right ??

Offline Robbie883

xraffle

When starting a new message board, the hardest part is getting members. It's extremely hard getting people to join an empty message board. The other day, I just started my own message board, not Three Stooges but on a popular TV show. I advertised that message board and nobody has joined. Getting members to join is tough.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
When starting a new message board, the hardest part is getting members. It's extremely hard getting people to join an empty message board. The other day, I just started my own message board, not Three Stooges but on a popular TV show. I advertised that message board and nobody has joined. Getting members to join is tough.

Promotion is the name of the game, xraffle.  Before you can get people to join your board, they've got to know it even exists.

In our case, I had ThreeStooges.net going for quite a while, so people were already finding the site before I added the first message boards.  Hosted boards, like the one reported above, can have a harder time getting the word out, as they don't have their own domain, etc.   And, of course, even when you start getting members signed up on your boards, only around 10% or so actually post messages.

Where'd you advertise your board, xraffle?  You should add it to your profile, and it couldn't hurt to include a link to it in your signature line.

Offline Lola-Lou

• Porcupine
  • Applehead
  • I know, I keep changing my name.The voices told me
I believe this is the board that Stoop brought to my attention. There seems to be a member who is either impersonating or mocking our beloved Jim...lol
"I see" said the blind man peeing into the wind "it's all coming back to me now."

Offline Robbie883

I believe that most of the people that come across this site, were people that found your site off search engines. I just went to Google.com one day and came across your site. I instantly fell in love lol. People talk too, I know I've told all of my friends about your site, they all seemed to like it as they were stooge fans too. I just wanna say thanks to all of Team Stooge, thanks for doing your part to keep the fun-loving spirit of The Stooges alive!  ;D

Offline Stoop

I believe this is the board that Stoop brought to my attention. There seems to be a member who is either impersonating or mocking our beloved Jim...lol

Yes, when I first saw and told you about that member I really thought it was an impersonator, but now I’m not sure what to make of it. Well, I'm sure that Jim has made a lot of friends over the years.
 :confused4:
It takes an estimated 2,893 licks to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop.

Offline Stoop

There is definitely someone trying to pass himself as Jim. So be forewarned visitors, members and admin of  the three stooges proboard55 that anything that “shempisnumberone” posts should not be interpreted as the views and opinions of  Jim (aka shemps#1, shempsnumberone). But I guess its kind of obvious what’s going on. . . Too obvious.

::)
It takes an estimated 2,893 licks to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop.

xraffle

Where'd you advertise your board, xraffle?  You should add it to your profile, and it couldn't hurt to include a link to it in your signature line.

I advertised it on the message board on IMDB.com, but so far, my thread is being ignored. No one is joining. I don't know where else I could advertise it.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 03:55:28 PM by xraffle »

Offline Larry Fine

'

I'm the moderator on the other board that this thread is about and we've been keeping an eye on him.

xraffle

I'm the moderator on the other board that this thread is about and we've been keeping an eye on him.

I just visited the board. I honestly don't think that is Jim because he wouldn't post something like that for everyone to see. Someone from Threestooges.net is impersonating him. Please keep an eye on him.

xraffle

We are

That's good. That person is very clever enough to add a Boston Red Sox icon and signature to make it seem like it's really Jim.

Offline Stoop

That's good. That person is very clever enough to add a Boston Red Sox icon and signature to make it seem like it's really Jim.

But stupid enough to get the location and birthday wrong. They should have done more reserch.  ::)

Offline Larry Fine

Yeah, I checked all that stuff when a member pm'ed me about this whole thing.

Offline Stoop

Yeah, me.  :D

I cant wait till Jim cames back and this all can be cleared up. I wonder who could have done this!

Offline Larry Fine

yeah me.  :D

Was that supposed to be "Yeah, me too?"

Offline Lola-Lou

• Porcupine
  • Applehead
Oh I think there are several of us who have some idea of who this joker is ;). Did he think no one would notice his pathetic attempt to impersonate Jim? Especially since many members of this board are also visitors/members of other Stooge boards. I have to say, oddballs like these sure do make things more interesting! ;D :D
"I see" said the blind man peeing into the wind "it's all coming back to me now."

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
LOL.  You just got another notice, then, because I took a look at your site and realized that the person wasn't definitely not Jim.  I signed up and posted a reply to that latest message he left over there.  (I hadn't scrolled down to see all of these other messages discussing the situation already.)

I know that it's not Jim, because I know where Jim is and what he's doing (or a reasonable facsimile thereof!)   ;D

My personal guess on who it is would be moe21 (as he first called himself.)  Since e was banned he has tried repeatedly to join up under different names, only to be thwarted.  He's obiously pretty childish.

Pilsner Panther

That can't be Jim, I know his style too well after all these years. And as Rob said, there are reasons why he wouldn't be posting anything right at the moment. It's not really such a good impersonation job, but the Red Sox avatar is a nice, authentic touch by the counterfeiter.

I'd better keep an eye on that board, in case a fake Pils shows up there, too! I don't think anyone has any grudges against me, but in the immortal words of Fats Waller, "One never knows, do one?"

::)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 09:22:07 PM by Pilsner Panther »

Offline Robbie883

Besides that impersonator, that board seems to be run by somebody that loves the stooges. I'd have nothing against them.

Offline Lola-Lou

• Porcupine
  • Applehead
Yes the new board seems to be developing nicely. Although, there is another Stooge board with some interesting features too. *cough* http://www.stoogedepot.com/ *cough*

Offline Robbie883

I checked that board out, the moderator seems to be a great guy. I registered, and I'll start visiting it more often.

Offline alwaysastooge

I am the admin from the site http://stoogesboards.proboards55.com/index.cgi.  I just wanted to let everybody know that I banned the member shempisnumberone for impersonating your mod, shemps#1.
Come and register and post at my Three Stooges Website at http://stoogesboards.proboards55.com/index.cgi