Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Name that tune...

Offline kinderscenen

Greetings, fellow degenerates!

There is a tune that's been used in several shorts that I can't place. It was first used in Ants in the Pantry, then in Idle Roomers, Three Little Twirps, and Gents in a Jam (perhaps more). Any of you music buffs out there know the title of it?

Thanks in advance,
Sunday
Larry: They’ll hang us for this!
Moe: I know! Let’s cremate him!
Larry: Can’t do that--we ain’t got no cream!

Offline Robbie883

Im drawing blanks Im guessing on of their most common songs "Voices of Spring?" help me out anyone

Offline Baggie

I don't know the name of it. Is it the one that the radio plays in Gents In A Jam?
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

Offline garystooge

You're probably talking about a tune called "Frederic March", written by Howard Jackson and Rafael Penso (see "Three Stooges Journal" #89 for complete details) . I believe it was first used in "Termites of 1938", not "Ants in the Pantry". Other shorts in which it can be heard are:
Dutiful But Dumb
Three Little Twirps
Idle Roomers
Gents Without Cents
Gents in a Jam
Pardon My Backfire

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I was drawing a blank, myself.  I knew one of you guys would know, though.  Thanks, Gary!

Offline kinderscenen

Thanks for the info!  That's been the only piece of music that has alluded me.

Sunday (Why I wrote "Ants" instead of "Termites, I don't know)
Larry: They’ll hang us for this!
Moe: I know! Let’s cremate him!
Larry: Can’t do that--we ain’t got no cream!

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
That's been the only piece of music that has alluded me.

Starting with The Three Stooges Journal[/b] # 86 (Summer '98), thru # 108 (Winter '03), Rich Finegan wrote a series of articles about music in the Stooges' films, covering everything from title themes to incidental music cues.  Titles, composers, performers, and other films that used the music... were fully documented and discussed.

Offline Mr. Snrub

What is the name of the song being played on the rado in "Nutty But Nice"? It sounds a bit like an old country song. The only lyrics that are heard are: "...cavorting, prancing, son-of-a-gun..." and "I'm a cowboy from the western plains / I hate city streets and I hate city trains / Odelayeeodeeoalayeeooooo."