Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Which episode was it where....

Offline kfdodgerfan

I am a big fan of the Stooges and I have been posting a lot of questions in the Newbie Forum where I ask:

"Which episode was it where....??"

So instead of clogging that forum up, I guess I'll start a thread where people can just ask these types of questions.

1. Which episode was it where...a high class girl has a coming out party thrown by her father and the stooges come and cause havoc? The girl loves them and can't stop laughing. I think she drives a car in this one as well.

2. Which episode was it where....they serve tamales at a dinner and the stooges eat the husks and not the tamale itself?

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
1. Which episode was it where...a high class girl has a coming out party thrown by her father and the stooges come and cause havoc? The girl loves them and can't stop laughing. I think she drives a car in this one as well.

2. Which episode was it where....they serve tamales at a dinner and the stooges eat the husks and not the tamale itself?

In both cases the episode you're thinking of is Three Sappy People.  But it's his wife, not his daughter, and the Stooges are impersonating three psychiatrists that he sent for - Ziller, Zeller and Zoller.  (Great cream puff fight in that one!)

[stooges]

Offline kfdodgerfan

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Hold That Lion.

I'm gonna move this to the Q&A board where it belongs.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline develbow

I have this memory from the night I graduated high school (longer ago than I'd like to admit but still the images have stayed with me). I came home late at night and a station was showing a stooges marathon. This was from one of the "spook house" shorts I think. Moe and Curly were in a dark dungeon, laboratory or basement and Moe had a torch (you know, like the villagers carried in Frankenstein). Somehow Curly became soaked in gasoline and then fell down and was lying motionless on the floor. Moe became very exasperated at this point and so, using the torch, he lit Curly on fire--not smoke like usual in Stooge films, but really a blazing ball of fire inferno. I've NEVER seen this again and so I am wondering if I just imagined the whole scenario or if it did happen and tv stations are just censoring the scene, since it was very funny, but maybe not ha ha funny. Does anyone know anything about this?!?!?!?!?!

Offline kfdodgerfan

They take 3 buttons off a washing machine

They get in line with a bunch of reporters.

Moe: "Press"

Larry: "Press"

Curly: "Pull"

Thanks,
KF

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Try looking it up.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

xraffle

Thanks,
KF

I'll give you a hint. They used that gag in two episodes. In one episode, they were playing golf. In the other episode, they were betting on horses.

Offline Baggie

Moe's feet also get licked by a lion in Three Missing Links.
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

Offline Mr. Snrub

Which episode is it where they have the "I'm a cowboy from the western plains / I hate city streets and I hate city trains." yodeling bit?

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Which episode is it where they have the "I'm a cowboy from the western plains / I hate city streets and I hate city trains." yodeling bit?

That's from Nutty But Nice

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Just what were you smoking/drinking/taking to celebrate your graduation, develbow?   ;D

Offline kfdodgerfan

There was one where they put soap in a bowl of soup or sandwhich or something.

Then the 3 Stooges proceeded to cough up balloons/bubbles. I think Shemp blows up a monster one and Moe pops it with his fork.

Thanks,
KF

xraffle

Then the 3 Stooges proceeded to cough up balloons/bubbles. I think Shemp blows up a monster one and Moe pops it with his fork.

Thanks,
KF

I believe it's "Baby Sitters Jitters," but Moe never pops anything with his fork. They all just cough up a bunch of bubbles.

Offline Stoop

Thanks,
KF

I do remember a short where Moe (I think) pops someone’s bubble. I remember they were eating some kind of cake, and they put gum on it by accident.  I think this happened in “All gummed up”, but I could be wrong.

(Sorry, I can't remember anything right now)
It takes an estimated 2,893 licks to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop.

xraffle

I do remember a short where Moe (I think) pops someone’s bubble. I remember they were eating some kind of cake, and they put gum on it by accident.  I think this happened in “All gummed up”, but I could be wrong.

(Sorry, I can't remember anything right now)

Shemp pops his own bubble in "All Gummed Up." I do remember that Moe pops Shemps bubble in "Love At First Bite" and he also pops Joe's bubble in "Muscle Up A Little Closer." There could be more, but that's all I can remember at the moment.

Offline kfdodgerfan

Thug: What now?

Curly: Now....I've got to go....

Sorry for the short quote but that's one of my favorite lines.

Thanks.
KF

Offline Mr. Snrub

Which episode was it where a black guy goes "Yes sir massah!"?

xraffle

Thug: What now?

Curly: Now....I've got to go....

Sorry for the short quote but that's one of my favorite lines.

Thanks.
KF

Your quote seems a bit off, but I think you're referring to "Even As I O U."

brett11253

Thanks,
KF

wasnt that "Three Smart Sapps" I may be wrong but i think thats it

Offline kfdodgerfan

3 Stooges in jail.

Larry was putting rocks on Curly's head. Moe was smashing them with a hammer.

Larry struggles with one rock.

Curly: "Wait a minute. That's a real one. I'm no fool"

Thanks,
KF

Offline Robbie883

That was in Beer Barrel Polcats. I belive its in another short too but I'm not sure which one.

And Brett was wrong. It's not "Three Smart Sapps" It was actually in "Three Little Beers." When the stooges attempt to get into a golf tourniment held only for members of the press.

xraffle

That was in Beer Barrel Polcats. I belive its in another short too but I'm not sure which one.

That was also in "So Long Mr. Chumps."

And Brett was wrong. It's not "Three Smart Sapps" It was actually in "Three Little Beers." When the stooges attempt to get into a golf tourniment held only for members of the press.

The press, press, pull gag was also used in "Even As I O U."

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Which episode was it where a black guy goes "Yes sir massah!"?

None as far as I know. I believe Dudley Dickerson or another actor might have said "boss" instead of "massah".