James Doohan, R.I.P

Guest · 12 · 2334

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
So good ol' Scotty finally got beamed up himself, 'eh?  (Well, at least we've got Welchie. [wink]  - Bonus points if you get the reference.)

I always liked James Doohan, and Scotty was one of my favorite characters.  A smartass Scot with an appreciation for good drink - what's not to love?)

And just to show how much of a nerd I can be, I even tell you which episode that picture comes from:  By Any Other Name (episode 50, from the 2nd season.)  Scotty uses up most of his liquor getting one of the aliens drunk.

Here's to you, Jimmy!  I don't know what I'm drinking, but it's green!  [cheers]

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I'm a TREK fan for going on 40 years, and I naturally enjoy Doohan's work as Scotty.  But I also had the opportunity to meet him several times during the past five years.    First time I met him, it was a couple months after the birth of his youngest daughter.  It seemed all he wanted to do was show pics of his latest pride and joy. A regular guy, a real gentleman, with a great love for his family and his fans.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Pilsner Panther

A great picture, Brent, and I envy you for getting to meet Mr. Doohan. I never knew that he was a genuine hero of WWII, severely wounded on D-Day. I guess that's what you call a self-effacing quality, since he never called attention to it. Truly, a gentleman of the Old School.

Two more shots of Engineer Montgomery Scott in action, enlarged and digitally enhanced by yours truly—

Offline FineBari3

Tribbles!!!!  What does Scotty say there? "Aye, they're in the ?????"

I was never a big Trek fan, but I did enjoy him in IV....."Ah, the mouse! How quaint!"
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Pilsner Panther

Tribbles!!!!  What does Scotty say there? "Aye, they're in the ?????"

Scotty: "They're into the machinery, through the air vents just like those on the station, and the grain storage bins!"
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 08:50:36 PM by Pilsner Panther »

Offline ZEKE

Scotty/James Doohan thanks for the entertainment--------R.I.P.. :'(>:(.
ZEKE---in AJAX-(G.T.A.), Canada.

Offline ZEKE

:D, Forgot to add, my favourite Scotty-isms are episodes where he gets
sh**faced drunk, stumbles+bumbles around pi****, acts belligerent, on his
favourite hooch--SCOTCH, and sometimes Andorean Whiskey and Klingon
Booze,too!!!! R.I.P. :(
ZEKE---in AJAX-(G.T.A.), Canada.

Pilsner Panther

:D, Forgot to add, my favourite Scotty-isms are episodes where he gets
sh**faced drunk, stumbles+bumbles around pi****, acts belligerent, on his
favourite hooch--SCOTCH, and sometimes Andorean Whiskey and Klingon
Booze,too!!!! R.I.P. :(

And then, the haggis was in the fire for sure!

:D

Offline Brian43123

Wow, I had no idea that he died when was it?

Offline Baggie

Well, Brian son, I reckon he died on the 20th. (I just checked the article in the link to work that out).
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

CURLYFAN

I am a Star Trek fan and SCOTTY  is my favorite character because he took pride in the Enterprise.

R.I.P. SCOTTY