Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Guess the supporting actress

metaldams · 109 · 23101

Offline metaldams

I would guess one of the three is Bruce Bennett because he lived so long, but not sure who the other two are.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline hiramhorwitz

OMG these guys are old! The little one I have no clue. But the guy on the right...hmmm. How about a little clue?

I would guess one of the three is Bruce Bennett because he lived so long, but not sure who the other two are.

Glad to provide a clue, but I hope you're not disappointed when you read the clue.  Bruce Bennett is a great guess and I wish he were one of the three, but he isn't, and I've got to admit these gentlemen are not as old as you probably expect.  And that's because they're from one of the later films of the Curly Joe era.  So they're old, but not 90s or a hundred years old.  Have at it. 

Offline metaldams

Guy in the middle in Bruce Sedley from THE OUTLAWS IS COMING.  Full disclosure, if you zoom in on the name tag you can kind of make it out.  His character name “Cole Younger” is on the tag and the cast list confirms the character, so I’m confident there.

So I’m thinking with the clues, it’s an OUTLAWS IS COMING reunion.  Guy on left is Hal Fryar - Johnny Ringo, and guy on right is a Johnny “Billy the Kid” Ginger, the living one.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline hiramhorwitz

Guy in the middle in Bruce Sedley from THE OUTLAWS IS COMING.  Full disclosure, if you zoom in on the name tag you can kind of make it out.  His character name “Cole Younger” is on the tag and the cast list confirms the character, so I’m confident there.

So I’m thinking with the clues, it’s an OUTLAWS IS COMING reunion.  Guy on left is Hal Fryar - Johnny Ringo, and guy on right is a Johnny “Billy the Kid” Ginger, the living one.

100% correct, Metal - nice woik, kid!  The late Sally Starr, who played Belle Starr, was also present at the OIC reunion, but for whatever reason, didn't appear with the other three when they spoke (which is when the posted photo was taken).  But here's a picture of her by herself, from that same reunion. 

Offline metaldams

100% correct, Metal - nice woik, kid!  The late Sally Starr, who played Belle Starr, was also present at the OIC reunion, but for whatever reason, didn't appear with the other three when they spoke (which is when the posted photo was taken).  But here's a picture of her by herself, from that same reunion.

Belle Starr I easily would have gotten because the cowboy hat gives it away.

I should have thought to look Derita era.  Those guys look older, but not that old. 70 - 80 as opposed to 90 - 100.  In 2005, that would be Derita era people.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline GreenCanaries

• President of the Johnny Kascier Fan Club
  • Birdbrain
I couldn't figure the three fellas out for the life of me, but then I saw the two name tags as well.

That being the main reason I ultimately refrained from this one.  ;)
"With oranges, it's much harder..."

Offline hiramhorwitz

I couldn't figure the three fellas out for the life of me, but then I saw the two name tags as well.

That being the main reason I ultimately refrained from this one.  ;)

You must have way better eyes than mine, because when I looked at the name tags, I concluded the names were undecipherable, so I posted them "as is."  Kudos for your resourcefulness.

Offline metaldams

The name of the film is on the picture so very easy to look up.  For fun, here’s the youngest you’ll ever see Symona Boniface in a movie, as this is her debut film.  Age 31.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline GreenCanaries

• President of the Johnny Kascier Fan Club
  • Birdbrain
Stumbled upon this photo recently of the Divine Miss B. seven years before then (about age 24):

"With oranges, it's much harder..."

Offline metaldams

Stumbled upon this photo recently of the Divine Miss B. seven years before then (about age 24):

Nice find!  A little bit of a resemblance to my great grandmother as a young woman, who was of the same generation.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline hiramhorwitz

Here's another one:

Offline Moose Malloy

Offline hiramhorwitz

A lot of serenity and character  shown in that aging face.
[/b]

Any idea who this supporting player is?  If not, would you like a clue?

Offline metaldams

Any idea who this supporting player is?  If not, would you like a clue?

Picture looks fairly recent and she looks like she’s only in her 70’s, so I’m going to say late era Shemp or later.  Am I right about that?  No clue who it is.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline hiramhorwitz

Picture looks fairly recent and she looks like she’s only in her 70’s, so I’m going to say late era Shemp or later.  Am I right about that?  No clue who it is.

Your thinking is pretty much right on track, Senor Dams...with one exception - she's from the Curly era.  That ought to narrow it down!

Offline metaldams

Is it Sharyn Moffett from EVEN AS IOU?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Offline metaldams

Ding, ding, ding - you got it!

No way in a million years I would have guessed that one without a clue.  She’s aged considerably since age 1.  [pie]
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Here we go.  Sorry, posted twice by accident.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline hiramhorwitz

Here we go.  Sorry, posted twice by accident.

This one's a head scratcher.  The keyboard in the background suggests the photo was taken during the home computer age.  The random pill bottles aren't much of a clue, as pretty much everyone of retirement age takes some amount of prescription  medicine.  The guy looks beefy, so I thought of Marlin McKeever.  But the later pictures of him available online show a different hairline, different jowls, and no mustache, so it doesn't seem to be him.  Later pictures of a couple of other folks I thought were possibilities don't look very similar to the picture you posted either.  Could I humbly beg you for a clue?

Offline metaldams

This one's a head scratcher.  The keyboard in the background suggests the photo was taken during the home computer age.  The random pill bottles aren't much of a clue, as pretty much everyone of retirement age takes some amount of prescription  medicine.  The guy looks beefy, so I thought of Marlin McKeever.  But the later pictures of him available online show a different hairline, different jowls, and no mustache, so it doesn't seem to be him.  Later pictures of a couple of other folks I thought were possibilities don't look very similar to the picture you posted either.  Could I humbly beg you for a clue?

Clue: Shemp era and yes, modern era photo, meaning within the past ten years.  He’s still living.

I’ll also add he’s not much older than my parents....and I’m 40.  My Dad was less than two weeks old when the Stooge film he was in was in production.  Should narrow it down.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline hiramhorwitz

Clue: Shemp era and yes, modern era photo, meaning within the past ten years.  He’s still living.

I’ll also add he’s not much older than my parents....and I’m 40.  My Dad was less than two weeks old when the Stooge film he was in was in production.  Should narrow it down.

Is it David Windsor from Baby Sitters Jitters?  If so, where ever did you find the relatively recent picture of him?

Offline metaldams

Is it David Windsor from Baby Sitters Jitters?  If so, where ever did you find the relatively recent picture of him?

Correct!  It’s David Windsor.  Found it at Bill Cappello’s old blog, had to crop out the signature on the upper left hand corner.

http://billcappello.blogspot.com/2010/11/three-stooges-movie-babies.html

- Doug Sarnecky