Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Music videos you like - post here.

metaldams · 1554 · 145242

Offline metaldams

KISS’s Number 11 on the charts disco hit.  This song, combined with Paul Stanley’s outfit, is where western civilization peaked.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

The album version (1978)

That KISS sing I posted was definitely a response to The Stones and Rod Stewart writing rock discos songs.  Chart wise, it worked for all of them.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dr. Mabuse

The Stones rode the disco wave through early 1981.  Here is an extended mix from the opening track on the "Emotional Rescue" album.

Offline Dr. Mabuse

And here is Paul McCartney's only stab at disco, which charted at No. 5 in 1979.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Umbrella Sam

I would join this disco trend and share one of Elton John’s tracks, but...well, Elton’s disco album VICTIM OF LOVE is some of the worst music ever created, so I won’t torture you guys with that. [pie]
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline metaldams

I think with those rock bands, it was more a singles thing than the albums when it came to the disco.  For example, SOME GIRLS, while it has “Miss You,” is not a disco album and the same can be said for KISS and “I Was Made for Loving You,” as the DYNASTY album has rock and pop songs as the other tracks, OK, maybe “Dirty Livin’” qualifies as disco, I guess.  EMOTIONAL RESCUE I guess is a guitar oriented dance album, but truthfully, I never could get into that album, as much as I tried.  SOME GIRLS I love, though.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

I would join this disco trend and share one of Elton John’s tracks, but...well, Elton’s disco album VICTIM OF LOVE is some of the worst music ever created, so I won’t torture you guys with that. [pie]

Now that I’ve never heard.  Sounds interesting.

Even Alice Cooper did a disco song, about the worst song he ever did - and Alice feels the same way, from what I understand.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

And here is Paul McCartney's only stab at disco, which charted at No. 5 in 1979.

I think that’s a great song and I love Paul’s bass playing on that one.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Umbrella Sam

Now that I’ve never heard.  Sounds interesting.

Even Alice Cooper did a disco song, about the worst song he ever did - and Alice feels the same way, from what I understand.

Yeah, that does sound pretty bad. I wonder what the story is behind that one? It seems like it comes from a regular album.

Now that I think about it, I’ve always wondered if Philadelphia Soul fits in the disco category? If that’s the case, then Elton actually has done some good disco work, particularly on THE THOM BELL SESSIONS. Here’s one I’ve always liked:

Offline Umbrella Sam

A 1979 disco album that actually exists.

Apparently everyone tried to catch on to the disco trend. According to legend, Cab Calloway wanted to perform his disco version of “Minnie the Moocher” in THE BLUES BROTHERS. Thankfully, he was talked out of it.

Offline metaldams

Yeah, that does sound pretty bad. I wonder what the story is behind that one? It seems like it comes from a regular album.

From Alice’s LACE AND WHISKEY album.  About three or four strong tracks, but my least favorite Alice album of the 70’s.  Alice was drunk and went to rehab.  Got out, collaborated with Bernie Taupin and made a much stronger album.

Musically, Bernie was good for Alice.  Personally, not so much.  Got Alice into cocaine.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline GreenCanaries

• President of the Johnny Kascier Fan Club
  • Birdbrain

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline metaldams

Like taking quaaludes after not sleeping for three days.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline HomokHarcos

The B-52's biggest hit (1989)

I really like The B-52's first album, I'm not into their later music so much.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline GreenCanaries

• President of the Johnny Kascier Fan Club
  • Birdbrain

Offline Shemp_Diesel