Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Music videos you like - post here.

metaldams · 1554 · 144100

Offline falsealarms

This is the first Rolling Stones song I remember liking. It came out in 1997. More of a function of my age than anything else - far from their best but not bad.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline metaldams

This is the first Rolling Stones song I remember liking. It came out in 1997. More of a function of my age than anything else - far from their best but not bad.

I was in college when that song came out.  To go with the function of my age theme, my first Stones song was “Rock and a Hard Place” from STEEL WHEELS.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

I was in college when that song came out.  To go with the function of my age theme, my first Stones song was “Rock and a Hard Place” from STEEL WHEELS.

Offline metaldams

The 90’s were a black hole for me and for heavy metal, unquestionably the worst decade to be a metal fan.  That being said, stuff like that Blink 182 video sounds like Mozart compared to mumble rap, auto tuned vocals and computerized processed click track beats that pass as mainstream music today.  Now kids, get off my lawn and pass me the Metamucil.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

This came out when I was 11.  As cheesy as this song is (Jani Lane R.I.P., wrote less famous but better ones), this video made an impression on me at that age.  [pie]. ...,and yes boys and girls, this is why Grunge happened.

The girl, Bobbi Brown, was in the two part classic Married With Children episode at the supermarket being ogled by Bud Bundy, in case any of you like that show.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline GreenCanaries

• President of the Johnny Kascier Fan Club
  • Birdbrain
While we're on the subject of '90s pop-punk, one of my favorite bands growing up was Green Day. I sort of fell off keeping track of their new stuff in early college, not long after their 2012-13 triple releases (UNO, DOS, TRE), but I still like to put on their '90s stuff in particular (mainly KERPLUNK through WARNING, with some sprinklings of AMERICAN IDIOT and 21st CENTURY BREAKDOWN).

Here's a nice little ditty of theirs, all about family...

"With oranges, it's much harder..."

Offline metaldams

While we're on the subject of '90s pop-punk, one of my favorite bands growing up was Green Day. I sort of fell off keeping track of their new stuff in early college, not long after their 2012-13 triple releases (UNO, DOS, TRE), but I still like to put on their '90s stuff in particular (mainly KERPLUNK through WARNING, with some sprinklings of AMERICAN IDIOT and 21st CENTURY BREAKDOWN).

Here's a nice little ditty of theirs, all about family...

Being in high school when DOOKIE came out, one could not escape that album, it was everywhere.  Being a bassist, I learned the opening lick to “Longview” because every other person who heard me play requested I play it.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline GreenCanaries

• Birdbrain
Being in high school when DOOKIE came out, one could not escape that album, it was everywhere.  Being a bassist, I learned the opening lick to %u201CLongview%u201D because every other person who heard me play requested I play it.

So "Longview" was your "Freebird?"

While we're on the subject of Mike Dirnt:

Offline metaldams

Speaking of early MTV, here’s Ratt’s “Round and Round” complete with - Milton Berle.  I just watched a documentary on 80’s L.A. Metal and one of the guys in Ratt said the moment Berle walked on the set he completely took over the direction.  The reason he’s even in this video is because his brother managed Ratt - so there’s your unusual connection for the day.  Of all the hit songs from the L.A. Metal bands, this might be my favorite of the era.

Well, this 1984 song is once again in the top 20....all because of a Geico commercial.

http://bravewords.com/news/ratt-round-and-round-reaches-billboard-top-20-first-time-since-1984
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline metaldams

Here’s a good one from the 90’s.  Saw these guys at Ozzfest, I believe 1997.  I remember seeing this on Headbanger’s Ball for the first time and freaking out watching Peter Steele with that upright bass in his vampiric glory.  My ex girlfriend actually met him.  May he R.I.P.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline GreenCanaries

• Birdbrain

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline GreenCanaries

• Birdbrain

Offline metaldams

That song and album have grown on me over the years.  Here’s a great feminist anthem from the same album.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Offline GreenCanaries

• Birdbrain

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline metaldams

....and Diesel and Canaries, back to back with Skynyrd and Aerosmith, both “Music That Sucks” entries.  In their 70’s versions, at least, I disagree either band sucks.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline GreenCanaries

• Birdbrain
While we're at it, let's put up another one:

Offline Shemp_Diesel