Offline GreenCanaries

• President of the Johnny Kascier Fan Club
  • Birdbrain

Offline metaldams

Offline metaldams

Cool song and I’m in love.  That riff at 2:26 is sick. \m/
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline metaldams

When MTV was MTV. 

When avant- garde guttural vocal metal bands covered Wall of Voodoo.  Band is Celtic Frost, from 1987.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline metaldams

If we’re going with wrestling, some Freebirds for ya.  Classic cheese entertainment and ahead of its time for music and video in wrestling.  That awkward phase when Skynyrd was dead and Southern rock met the 80’s.  I do dig the riff here.

...and this one is better.  The Wrestling Album is the first record I ever had in my life.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dr. Mabuse

One of the first music videos I remember seeing in the summer of 1983.

Offline GreenCanaries

• Birdbrain

Offline Umbrella Sam

Don’t know if anyone’s really into video game music, but I just found out about this band that does really awesome covers of video game music from the 80s. Here’s my personal favorite of their covers:

“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline metaldams

Epic masterpiece.

Something more straight forward and rocking from the STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT album, one of the greatest live albums ever.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline GreenCanaries

• Birdbrain
Speaking of kick-ass songs with kick-ass Spike Jonze videos...

"With oranges, it's much harder..."

Offline metaldams

My version of kick ass.....without throwing Slayer on you.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Speaking of The Beastie Boys and Slayer - Kerry King plays the guitar solo on this one and is in the video.  Both bands were with Rick Rubin on the Def Jam label at the time.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline GreenCanaries

• Birdbrain

Offline Dr. Mabuse

In 1964, the Rolling Stones had the unenviable task of following the Hardest Working Man in Show Business.

Offline metaldams

In 1964, the Rolling Stones had the unenviable task of following the Hardest Working Man in Show Business.

That footage is incredible.  I’ve seen it before and yes, James Brown hands Jagger his head on a plate. In defense of The Stones, it was early for them, but still.
- Doug Sarnecky