Music videos you like - post here.

metaldams · 1554 · 142550

Offline GreenCanaries

• President of the Johnny Kascier Fan Club
  • Birdbrain

Offline GreenCanaries

• Birdbrain
Written by Ginger, and featuring some typically great work from him (particularly when he begins hitting hard in the second half):

"With oranges, it's much harder..."

Offline metaldams

Written by Ginger, and featuring some typically great work from him (particularly when he begins hitting hard in the second half):

I read Ginger Baker just showed up unannounced to a rehearsal that Winwood and Clapton had.  Baker was a character.

I remember Steve Winwood when he had poppier hits in the 80’s.  Not old enough to have contemporary memories of him in Blind Faith, though.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline metaldams

I had to click on the video before realizing it’s “Ten Years Gone” from Led Zeppelin.  One of my favorite songs of theirs.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

[/youtube]

The sparks fly out of the screen on this one.  Brilliant.  Rob Halford introducing K.K. Downing in a homoerotic manner is also kind of funny because this was years before he came out.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline metaldams

Offline metaldams

[/youtube]

While talking Yes, here’s Rick Wakeman giving a real Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame introduction speech. He should have been a comedian.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline metaldams

[/youtube]

Perhaps the cheesiest rock video ever made.  I remember, at about age six or seven when the song was new, seeing this video on a TV at the mall while shopping with my Mom and grandmother.  The guys banging their head against the wall made me laugh even then.  I remembered the video but didn’t realize it was for “Balls to the Wall” until I found it on YouTube a few years back.  The song I knew since I was a teen, just never knew it was linked to that video I saw that night.

Cheesy video aside, song kicks ass.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

[/youtube]

Classy Whitesnake ballad and Tawny Kitaen was gorgeous back in the day.  God I miss the 80’s.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline GreenCanaries

• Birdbrain

Offline metaldams

[/youtube]

To piggyback off of The Moody Blues, another awesome early prof rock masterpiece.  King Crimson with the late Greg Lake (who I saw in concert in the mid 90’s, ELP and Jethro Tull), on vocals.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline GreenCanaries

• Birdbrain
To piggyback off of The Moody Blues, another awesome early prof rock masterpiece.  King Crimson with the late Greg Lake (who I saw in concert in the mid 90’s, ELP and Jethro Tull), on vocals.

What a freaky little coincidence that you happened to post this, because last night, I also queued this gem up (and thought about posting it here)...

That swelling Mellotron. Love it.
"With oranges, it's much harder..."

Offline metaldams

What a freaky little coincidence that you happened to post this, because last night, I also queued this gem up (and thought about posting it here)...

That swelling Mellotron. Love it.

I’m glad their music is finally available for streaming.  They were one of the last holdouts.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

[/youtube]

Trying to learn this song on bass and I’m getting closer.  Talk about a speed workout.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline Umbrella Sam

Literally just found out that George Harrison played on my favorite Tom Petty song, “I Won’t Back Down” (Ringo’s also in this video, but he didn’t play on the actual song).

“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline metaldams

Literally just found out that George Harrison played on my favorite Tom Petty song, “I Won’t Back Down” (Ringo’s also in this video, but he didn’t play on the actual song).

Probably my favorite Tom Petty song as well.

[/youtube]

From the same Willbury era, I remember this video when it was new on MTV and was aware of it before I knew all but maybe one or two Beatle songs.  That really dates me.  I was 8 years old when this came out - a few months younger than George’s son Dhani, as a matter of fact.  My Mom, on the other hand, was at the concert below.  Saw them at Shea Stadium in both 1965 and 1966 but being a very conservative person, they got too “weird” during Sgt. Pepper for her.

[/youtube]
- Doug Sarnecky